WaveSecure - OH NO! Locked Phone

This is a discussion on WaveSecure - OH NO! Locked Phone within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; My suggestion is that you just move on to other forums. This thread represents the issues that I encountered. Your assertion that the sim was ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WaveSecure - OH NO! Locked Phone

My suggestion is that you just move on to other forums. This thread represents the issues that I encountered. Your assertion that the sim was in wrong was incorrect. The logs in the application show their servers sent a message to my phone around 3am that the phone was stolen. I was asleep at the time, phone was sitting in the dock.

Regarding the trial, I was intent on purchasing the software. I had sent a note to the developers asking a question that I wanted answered before I bought - it was registering the software in Canada, not the US. Wasn't doing anything til I got a response, and it took days to hear back.

So the burglar alarm analogy sticks. Further, when I buy a product I look at the lowest reviews and the highest, making my purchasing decisions based on that.

You don't know me, so it is a little premature to use the word hate isn't it. If that is truly the way you are, I feel for any of your employees.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLeft View Post
    I am glad it is working out for you. I know how to operate and unlock the software. That was the first thing I tried when I installed the trial. Its amazing that you could deduce exactly what I did while in my office. If you took the time to read the response from Wavesecure you would realize they admitted they had an issue. Their server sent a lock code to my phone when it wasn't lost, reported stolen, etc... All this after my trial had expired.

Not sure who appointed you the all knowing and defender of Wavesecure, but the only crap I see is in your response. Why not take time to read the entire thread before you go off?

Let me summarize this for you once more. Their software locked my phone and started screaming. My trial had EXPIRED. Their servers had an issue that sent the alert in ERROR. It screamed for a few minutes, all the while I tried to unlock the phone with the code, it wouldn't respond. I pulled the battery because the shrieking of the phone was totally unacceptable in my office environment (not sure where you work - maybe it's no big deal). Once home I was able to let it yell long enough to finally enter the lock code.

Your logic defies common sense. If you installed a burglar alarm in your house that went off for no reason, with no intrusion in your house, you would consider it perfect. After all burglar alarms are supposed to go off - you just ignore the fact that they aren't supposed to go off for NO REASON.

One last thing - why would I care if you purchased the software? If you think this thread helps sell Wavesecure, why not suggest they post a link on their site to this thread? Maybe they can get a lot more orders. It worked in your case, right? Why not include it in their testimonials?

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I couldn't just sit here and listen to this crap... My response:

This is EXACTLY what the software is intended to do. I purchased this app today from seeing your review, thank you!

TL;DR - It was your fault... you set to alarm on SIM changes, you've already backed up on your story too many times, I'd be willing to bet when you turned the phone back on that the SIM wasn't seated correctly. Bottom line, if your messing around with the SIM so much, why purposely set it to alarm on SIM related activities? Why not have it just report?

Defender of Wavesecure is a self appointed position... I just think your complaints and whining are annoying.

I own the company I work for, it definitely would not be a problem if this situation happened to me.

I've always just hated people like yourself who whine and complain and go about things the wrong way. Spouting off that you would have bought the software and you were moments away from buying it until "this" happened blah blah blah. I take pride in trolling people like yourself. Companies don't want consumers like yourself, not even in this economy. Back handed compliments, complaining without going through proper support channels, your not even a customer yet, your just someone who drags out the trial period to 30 days without being able to make a decision on a $10 purchase. I'm glad I am past the days that a $10 purchase took 30 days of thought.

And your analogy makes no sense... It'd be like this.... Installing a burglar alarm in your house, setting it up so that when the phone line got disconnected the alarm would go off from being cut, even though that is not the default setting on the alarm. You then decide that you have to unplug the phone line on several occasions to plug that phone line into your fax machine because your too cheap to wire an extra jack. Each time you do this you unplug the power from your alarm so it never realizes the phone line has been unplugged. Then, when your messing around with your phone line and plug it back in and then power back your alarm, it goes off. All the while you got this alarm system installed for a 30 day trial, and guess what, your still using it on day 31 without paying. The alarm goes off while your right there, not asleep, but right there messing with it. You then proceed to whine and cry to the alarm company and on the internet because you were doing things you shouldn't have with something you did not pay for and that was beyond the trial period.

That sounds more like a perfect analogy to me, doesn't it to you?

My intent on starting this thread was not to trash their business. It was to let others know the issue that I had. I have friends who use their software without incident.

I work in a professional environment with many clients that come and go throughout the day. The 'screaming' that the phone emits would be fine if it had been stolen, but was absolutely inappropriate for the business setting I was in at the time. A server side bug sent the alert in error. I also use mobile defense, which detects sim card changes, and received no alerts from them. In my particular circumstances, losing the phone has less of a chance of happening then getting the alert in error. I have other software than can wipe the phone remotely.

I commend you on responding with class. We can disagree without resulting in personal attacks. I respect and understand your position.

Quote Originally Posted by logger View Post
    OTOH if he was to have omitted that single ill advised T word out his post (it presses peoples buttons), the rest of what he said is reasonable. I have had no problems with Wavesecure and am happy to defend and recommend it. As far as I can tell, used as intended, with a little bit of common sense, it works very well. I have for example recorded my remote login info and unlock pin codes in several places, so I can always access them and wavesecure without my phone.

On a positive note, complaints about it are far from widespread and market comments attest to its quality. It would soon be getting slammed there if it was no good.

On balance, the idea of someone having all my personal info, is of more concern to me my than losing my phone. So the main reason I use Wavesecure is for its ability to remotely erase my phones contents. If I was lucky enough to get my phone back as well, then that woud be a bonus

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links