Dropbox beta for Android is out!

This is a discussion on Dropbox beta for Android is out! within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Whoo hooo, I just got accepted for the Dropbox for Android beta. If you want an account, read NeonMonster's sig, or sign up here: http://bit.ly/91QyOt ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dropbox beta for Android is out!

Dropbox beta for Android is out!

Whoo hooo, I just got accepted for the Dropbox for Android beta. If you want an account, read NeonMonster's sig, or sign up here: http://bit.ly/91QyOt (you need an account before you can download the beta) and then click Forums under Support.

You get 2 to 8 gig of online space for free, and it syncs files and folders between all your computers, iPhone, and now your Android device as well with the public beta. Can't wait till it is released in the market as well, I think it will really help people, they don't need to connect their USB cable again, just drop the files in the Dropbox and they magically appear on your Nexus One a few minutes later

And I can share folders with my family, sharing pictures and videos has never been this easy!

DROPBOX FOR ANDROID IS IN THE MARKET NOW, GO GRAB IT :D
    My sigs keep getting

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Damn i wasn't fast enough the beta is full.....again lol i love dropbox and use it on all my machines and i must admit having another online store especially 8GB is very handy for sharing pictures, work files and now videos thanks tot he new upload system
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Full ALREADY??? Oh my, I just signed up for the beta a few minutes ago!
    My sigs keep getting

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    Damn i wasn't fast enough the beta is full.....again lol i love dropbox and use it on all my machines and i must admit having another online store especially 8GB is very handy for sharing pictures, work files and now videos thanks tot he new upload system
    click the link in first post mate,i just did and have opened dropbox albeit with only 2gb storage

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    Full ALREADY??? Oh my, I just signed up for the beta a few minutes ago!
    There are alternative dropbox apps in the market. Should get ya by til they release the official app.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Absolutely can't wait for the Dropbox app to be out! The ones currently available are lame!

Been getting everyone I know to sign up for it!

Think of it as a online locker for data! Nothing important should be placed in it though in the case of server data loss.

*Points down to link in sigg*
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

I have been playing with the Android app, it's really great. I love how you can take a picture from any folder within the Dropbox and share it instantly with my family. Beats emailing by a long shot.

It doesn't seem to sync the folders automatically (unlike my desktop), but that makes sense... don't want to fill up my 8 GB storage card with stuff my friends drop in my folders, lol.

The rest works very intuitively though, and although it looks quite spartan, it does exactly what it needs to do.

So far, I highly recommend it. BTW: Are you sure the beta is closed? Not a minute ago I signed up my Dad for the Android beta, he got accepted as well... perhaps you need to try a few times?

EDIT: I see Neon crossposted with me. Yes, you got me to sign up, Neon, thanks! I did give you credit in my first post
    My sigs keep getting

dandroid
    I haven't used the Android App, but I use it on all my computers and it's a must have app when working on projects with different people across the web.

My sigs keep getting

Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    click the link in first post mate,i just did and have opened dropbox albeit with only 2gb storage
    when i followed the suggested route for the beta i clicked on the sign up link only to be given a page saying the beta was full, and i already have the desktop versions

EDIT: Oh and i tried a few times on both my accounts using 3 different browsers lol it is defo closed or my accounts have been blacklisted its ok i will just cry myself to sleep every night until the full version is released and maybe then the grudge on my account will have been forgotten haha
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads