Official Android Twitter app released

This is a discussion on Official Android Twitter app released within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Twitter v1.0.0 Application for Android | Social Just dropped on the Market. It's pretty slick, but seems a little heavy. Lots of features though, 2 ...

Thread: Official Android Twitter app released

Official Android Twitter app released

Twitter v1.0.0 Application for Android | Social

Just dropped on the Market. It's pretty slick, but seems a little heavy. Lots of features though, 2 different size widgets and integrates with phone contacts, similar to what Sense provides (if I remember correctly from my Hero days).

Right now I'm still leaning towards my trusty Twicca app but I'm going to give it a few days.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't care much about the social integration w/ contacts. Also been liking Twicca and hoping for multiple accounts support soon.

I like the colors and whatnot....

But it has features missing and does not replace Touiteur. I like the Maps integration and a few other nice features.... but Touiteur takes the cake for how I use twitter!
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

The widgets are nice

I like it, the UI is nice and loving the widgets. Not bothered about multiple account support. Its replaced my previous app (Twidroid) which I think has gotten more and more bloated.

Other than the official announcement that it will be getting 2.1 at some time, there is nothing official from Verizon. Verizon will not release any firm dates on any updated unless they are 100% certain that they can deliver said update by that particular date... If they were to say Jan 11th, and something happened, say a bug is found, so that they can't release on that date, you would have users across the nation screaming bloody murder... Because of this, most companies won't give a date, period... They just start releasing the update without notice.

I'm missing the RT with quote feature you get with twicca (and probably a bunch of other twitter apps). They really need to add this.

Other than that, I suppose I like it. Other than the look of it, I'm not finding all that much better than other apps.

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    I'm missing the RT with quote feature you get with twicca (and probably a bunch of other twitter apps). They really need to add this.

Other than that, I suppose I like it. Other than the look of it, I'm not finding all that much better than other apps.

I agree it needs RT maybe in the next update

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links