photo hiding apps

This is a discussion on photo hiding apps within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; been looking for a good photo hider, ill let your minds wonder as to why... so far photo vault has only worked SOME of the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: photo hiding apps

photo hiding apps

been looking for a good photo hider, ill let your minds wonder as to why...

so far photo vault has only worked SOME of the time, and 2 other apps ive come across wont even install. (filecover and i forget what the other was called)

anyone had any luck with these kind of apps? I am willing to pay for such prog.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Place a file named '.nomedia' (no quotes) inside any folder that contains images you want to hide from the gallery's scanner.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Place a file named '.nomedia' (no quotes) inside any folder that contains images you want to hide from the gallery's scanner.
    im not quite sure how to do that, what kind of file? i tried naming a text file .nomedia but it didnt work. that folder is still viewable in the gallery.

PhotoVault.... Best app for this. They also have a VideoVault for uhh.... videos of... puppies and rainbows and stuff.
    Rooted Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by lisa.nexus.one View Post
    im not quite sure how to do that, what kind of file? i tried naming a text file .nomedia but it didnt work. that folder is still viewable in the gallery.
    Create an empty text file (eg: notepad) on your puter, and call it .nomedia, then drag it to the folder on your sdcard where you want to hide contents. Reboot the phone. Gallery should not be able to locate the pics after that.

Create an empty text file (eg: notepad) on your puter, and call it .nomedia, then drag it to the folder on your sdcard where you want to hide contents. Reboot the phone. Gallery should not be able to locate the pics after that.
    yes i did that, it didnt work, for the first minute or two after rebooting the phone the gallery couldnt locate ANY files (despite the .nomedia file being in only one folder and not the 5 other) then after leaving gallery and coming back all the folders showed again. including the one that i dont want in there.

yes i did that, it didnt work, for the first minute or two after rebooting the phone the gallery couldnt locate ANY files (despite the .nomedia file being in only one folder and not the 5 other) then after leaving gallery and coming back all the folders showed again. including the one that i dont want in there.
    I've heard the gallery can indeed hold on to thumbs in cache...this may require power-down, remove sdcard, boot, check gallery (should rescan and fault w/o sdcard), powerdown, install sdcard, boot which initiates a re-scan. the .nomedia folder should then be invisible, permanently, I hope!

AHA! I just did a search here for .nomedia, and a poster posted a potential critical element (see bolded comment):

Here’s an easy trick that should only take a couple of minutes to keep unwanted audio or video files from popping up.
    1. On your computer, open Notepad or any other text editor
    2. Save the blank file as “.nomedia”
    Make sure that the Save as type is set as “All Files” instead of “Text documents”
    3. Copy that file to the folder on your SD card containing audio files you don’t want to show up.
    (Example: If you want to block CoPilot sound files from coming up, place the .nomedia file in the sdcard/copilot folder)
    4. Reboot your phone and the files should no longer be viewable

Make sure that the Save as type is set as “All Files” instead of “Text documents”
    yep that did it

thanks!

i use an app called hide it all. its works wonderfully, shows on the phone as a personal stock app
    :nexusx: user since mid February 2010
    Rooted on March 10, 2010
    Cyanogen Latest
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    EPE54B
    Desire Camera
    OC-UV Kernel

just send me your pictures I'll take care of it ;p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links