UMA Equiv

This is a discussion on UMA Equiv within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi people, Anyone know of a UMA equivalent for the Nexus One? Basically looking for an app to use WiFi instead of the T-Mobile network. ...

Thread: UMA Equiv

UMA Equiv

Hi people,
    Anyone know of a UMA equivalent for the Nexus One?
    Basically looking for an app to use WiFi instead of the T-Mobile network. A friend lives in a really spotty coverage area and misses a lot of calls.
    Thanks in advance for your replies.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You prob will have to wait til Google Voice goes VOIP. Better sign up for that google number...it took me three months to get one.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Thanks for the reply. Is there a fee for a Google Voice #? A monthly fee like a normal phone #?

The Google Voice # is free, but it's basically a call forwarding service at this point.

Why doesn't Tmobile's UMA doesn't work on the N1? I know on Rogers in Canada they can't get UMA to work on 3G phones, but I thought Tmobile's worked with 3G. Just wondering....

I've been looking into different SIP/Voip options for calling. Some work better than others, but I've yet to find one that as clear and stable as I'd like over wifi.

Thanks for the info.
    The Nexus One doesn't have UMA softare and or hardware installed.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links