Nexusoneforums HTC IME

This is a discussion on Nexusoneforums HTC IME within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; How do i get custom skins? i went and created one and downloaded straight to my phone, but how do i change it?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nexusoneforums HTC IME

How do i get custom skins? i went and created one and downloaded straight to my phone, but how do i change it?

Use Astro or whatever file manager you like, find the HTC_IME.apk then click on it/open app manager/launch (or install, i dont remember which)

then goto your phone settings/language and keyboard and check the one you just installed.

then goto your sms input box, a long press (sometimes 2) on the text box should result in another box appearing saying select input method, check the HTC_IME (not the Android kb) and you should be good to go

Erm, right . So youre a Bladerunner fan....

Hey guys...tried downloading a custom skin n it keeps saying unsuccessful content us not supported...wont dl. Any help?

Nevermined I got it

How does this measure up with swype beta?

Pls pardon and enlighten my non dev ignorance...

Thank you

Swype is kind of a different animal. It allows gesture based typing, which the HTC IME keyboard doesn't do. The HTC keyboard is a regular keyboard, in this case, carrying custom color and the Forum logo incorporated into it.

For me, this keyboard is preferred to the stock one, just because of the "feel" of it. I'm using Swype, but I'm still not convinced that it's going to be as fast for me as a conventional one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links