Home launcher replacement with dockbar

This is a discussion on Home launcher replacement with dockbar within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I've been exploring the plethora of launcher replacements recently, and so far have settled on Helix 1. For me, the big deal is having a ...

Thread: Home launcher replacement with dockbar

Home launcher replacement with dockbar

I've been exploring the plethora of launcher replacements recently, and so far have settled on Helix 1. For me, the big deal is having a dockbar with the same apps seen on all screens.

I'm converting from an iphone, and hard to believe, I do think they did it right with their 4 app dockbar (gasp gasp, I know, awful to admit it). For anyone familiar with jailbroken iphone add-ons, I used Stack as two of the 4 docked icons to provide even more always accessible apps.

Are there any launchers which can give more than the 4 app dockbar (+app drawer). Or have a folder/shortcut as one of the docked icons? Right now I'm running a stock N1, unrooted, no intention on root access for now.

I know pandahome has those funky pull-out drawers, which are sort of like what I'm looking for, but I felt it a little laggy.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

dX:top allows you to have up to 5 icons on a dock that is available on all screens. I believe they have a lite version out that you can try.

Ahh, thanks for the tip. I'm checking it out now. Some nifty ideas incorporated into it, such as if you have only 4 screens in a diamond pattern, you can swipe to any of the others with just one movement.

The other option is sweeterhome 2, though customization of that takes quite a lot of work.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links