Can somebody recommend a shopping list app?

This is a discussion on Can somebody recommend a shopping list app? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello buddies, Housewife question :rofl3: Can you guys recommend a shopping list app? I know there are several of them, but what I'm looking for: ...

Thread: Can somebody recommend a shopping list app?

Can somebody recommend a shopping list app?

Hello buddies,

Housewife question :rofl3:
    Can you guys recommend a shopping list app? I know there are several of them, but what I'm looking for:

- it should be FAST! after all, scribbling on a piece of paper takes hardly any time at all, so it must be worth it
    - hubby and I are critters of habit, and we don't need an app with a 10,000 product database including brands. I had one of those on my iPod and hated it with a passion, took me an hour to find the right product and then I had to add it anyway because Canada was not in it. All we need is a list with bread, butter, milk, soap, toilet paper etc and we know what brand to get
    - it should be easy to put together a list from a saved list
    - while shopping, you should be able to tick off products as you put them in the cart (usually when we come home, we stare at each other "I thought YOU put that in the cart" "No, YOU were in that isle" "Yes but YOU mentioned it" etc, you get the idea)

Anyway, any suggestions would be highly appreciated, thanks!
    My sigs keep getting

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'll be interested in the result of this question. So far I've been using "Color note" which is nothing more than a lined post-it note style app. As I get things in the store I double-click (in android double pressing) on a word and press backspace to delete it from the list. It kinda does the job, but I bet there's a much better one.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    Hello buddies,

Housewife question :rofl3:
    Can you guys recommend a shopping list app? I know there are several of them, but what I'm looking for:

- it should be FAST! after all, scribbling on a piece of paper takes hardly any time at all, so it must be worth it
    - hubby and I are critters of habit, and we don't need an app with a 10,000 product database including brands. I had one of those on my iPod and hated it with a passion, took me an hour to find the right product and then I had to add it anyway because Canada was not in it. All we need is a list with bread, butter, milk, soap, toilet paper etc and we know what brand to get
    - it should be easy to put together a list from a saved list
    - while shopping, you should be able to tick off products as you put them in the cart (usually when we come home, we stare at each other "I thought YOU put that in the cart" "No, YOU were in that isle" "Yes but YOU mentioned it" etc, you get the idea)

Anyway, any suggestions would be highly appreciated, thanks!
    After a bit of Googling, I came up with a basic one with high scores: 'shopulator', and a full featured on for PC/phone integration called 'UpVise'. Check them out.

Thanks Alpha! Actually, I went ahead and bought "ToMarket". It seems to do pretty much everything I posted above, as well as more complicated features that can be switched on or off in the Preferences. So, I guess I answered my own question, do I get a medal? :D
    My sigs keep getting

I use IO Shopping, very simple and easy to use

Note Everything (in Market) is excellent! Need to install the free version, then buy the pro version and install the key. Then you have checklists.

Create a master shopping list. Check those items to get next trip and they move to the Need list. Use this list at the store and as you click each item off, they move to the Done list.

Great also for Notes. They can be attached to IMs or Emails.

Quote Originally Posted by locus View Post
    I use IO Shopping, very simple and easy to use
    Great suggestion, the "OI" Shopping app. It does everything I want. You can create multiple lists, and you can check/uncheck which of the items in the list you plan to go shopping for. So far I created one list "food shopping" and in there I've entered about 50 things. Of course we don't need all of those things every time, which is where the check/uncheck boxes come into play. So the next time I go shopping, I'll tick the 20 or 30 items I need to buy from the 50 in the list, and they're the only ones that will appear in the list that time. You just have to one-touch something in the list and it will either appear in a strike-through font or (if you choose) will completely disappear from the list. None of this affects the source list (with the 50 items on it) but will disappear from today's version of the list.

Great (free) app !!
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

I use LiveList, sounds like OI is very similar though
    LiveList v0.6.0 Application for Android | Tools

Thanks guys, I tried the OI app as well, only thing that I didn't like was the huge font. It sure has potential though.

It sounds as if Note Everything is very similar to what I bought (ToMarket), does it have a scan function as well? I tried that with ToMarket and it seems to work well, especially on well known brands.

Great suggestions, thanks everybody! :D
    My sigs keep getting

Buy Latest Diwali Offers Online

Online Diwali Shopping- Buy new exciting diwali festive offers online, Free Delivery - Cash on Delivery. Limited Offers Available!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links