App to control camera settings

This is a discussion on App to control camera settings within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Is there an app that allows more detailed control of the camera settings like ISO, shutter, resolution etc?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: App to control camera settings

App to control camera settings

Is there an app that allows more detailed control of the camera settings like ISO, shutter, resolution etc?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If you haven't yet. Root your phone and flash the Desire r2 camera your phone.
    Nexus One (at&t)
    ROM: 2.2 w/root
    Recovery Amon-Ra 1.7.0
    ---

---
    HTC Evo 4g (sprint)
    ROM: SupererSonic 2.1
    Recovery ClockworkMod

Quote Originally Posted by jakkzen View Post
    If you haven't yet. Root your phone and flash the Desire r2 camera your phone.
    Awesome suggestion.

What features does the Desire Camera add? I think I heard touch to focus, but I can't remember/am not sure what else. (I've been googling a bit and just keep coming to Paul's page with the files to download, but no specs on what it adds. I am rooted and looked into this a while ago, but it didn't sound stable. Now it looks pretty nice, especially with all the different roms it supports.)

You're happy with it and it's stable?
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

Also, do you have any feel for how it performs compared to the stock N1 camera?

I was blown away by these results and would hate to lose the better functioning camera:
    The Incredible Camera Showdown: Droid Incredible VS Nexus One – Android and Me
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

Did some reading about the desire application. Rooting and having to keep up with all the updates etc associated with the desire mod are a bit more than I can handle.
    Any other apps out there can give more functionality?
    Mainly I would like to be able to control ISO , shutter speed and most importantly, resolution.

Keeping UP? if you Flash Cyanogen first they have an automatic updater that will keep your flashed version updated.

And i have the Desire Rom and it is fantastic, i mean you have loads more controls, auto focus, object tracking, face recognition and all the other image tuning options. it is fantastic and recommended for anyone that uses the camera a lot.

And i cannot remember the camera Rom being updated them much, i have been running it for months and never updated it?

EDIT..keeping up with any updates is not that hard, any updates will be posted on this site and all you have to do is download and flash?
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    Keeping UP? if you Flash Cyanogen first they have an automatic updater that will keep your flashed version updated.

And i have the Desire Rom and it is fantastic, i mean you have loads more controls, auto focus, object tracking, face recognition and all the other image tuning options. it is fantastic and recommended for anyone that uses the camera a lot.

And i cannot remember the camera Rom being updated them much, i have been running it for months and never updated it?

EDIT..keeping up with any updates is not that hard, any updates will be posted on this site and all you have to do is download and flash?
    Does it give you control of ISO and resolution settings?
    I read the thread by the creator of the Desire ROM. It was pretty evident that it was still a work in progress. I'm looking for something a little bit more "turnkey" - especially if it doesnt give me control of the ISO and resolutions settings.

Re: App to control camera settings

And i have the Desire Rom and it
    I read the thread by the creator of the Desire ROM. It was pretty evident that it was still a work in progress. I'm looking for something a little bit more "turnkey" - especially if it doesnt give me control of the ISO and resolutions settings.
    It gives you full control over ISO and resolution and the rom is stable, if roooted there is no excuse not to try and if you don't like it then revert back, trust me you won't regret it
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

ISO, res, and even white balance...
    Rooted Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post

And i have the Desire Rom and it
    It gives you full control over ISO and resolution and the rom is stable, if roooted there is no excuse not to try and if you don't like it then revert back, trust me you won't regret it
    Sigh Now I have to seriously think about rooting the phone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links