PDAnet slows down after 10mins

This is a discussion on PDAnet slows down after 10mins within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; hey guys, just got my n1 and loving it. I recently downloaded PDAnet to tether to my mac the problem is speeds dramatically slow down ...

Thread: PDAnet slows down after 10mins

PDAnet slows down after 10mins

hey guys, just got my n1 and loving it. I recently downloaded PDAnet to tether to my mac the problem is speeds dramatically slow down after the first 10 minutes. My download speeds go from 1-2.5 megs a second to .2 megs per second after a while. Any ideas as to how to fix this? I'm using the trial version by the way, dont know if that helps.

thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

hmmm havent had this problem on mine and ive used it plenty of times for several hrs even sometimes, the speed stays constant....try reconnecting it a few times.

I have To reconnect every ten or twenty minutes because even Google searches become slow. Are you using a Mac and the paid version?

Sounds like bandwidth shaping..who's your provider? They can tell (if they're 'looking') who is tethering, and slow down the data rate automagically.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Sounds like bandwidth shaping..who's your provider? They can tell (if they're 'looking') who is tethering, and slow down the data rate automagically.
    I'm on T-Mobile with the android data plan

im on tmobile also, u dont wanna know what kind of big files lve downloaded through pdanet and my phone...i also know a work around the free version, i dont know if i should be saying that...sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Andysebastian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    I'm on T-Mobile with the android data plan
    Me too. I doubt shaping is it, then...this would be the very first report I've seen if that were the case. Perhaps your tower? Is it always the same location?

Seems like everywhete I go that's the case. I have perfect reception in my room too

Seems like everywhete I go that's the case. I have perfect reception in my room too

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links