market

This is a discussion on market within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi im new to the nexus one!! im worried about downloading my google apps! when i go into my downloads it telling me i have ...

Thread: market

Unhappy market

Hi im new to the nexus one!!
    im worried about downloading my google apps!
    when i go into my downloads it telling me i have updates available for my google maps i click on update it then says
    this application has access to the following
    1 your personal info
    2 services that cost u money
    3 your location
    4 network communication
    5 your accounts
    6 storage
    7 phone calls
    8 system tools

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!!!
    please help thanks jen x

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Best advice I can give you is to consider these messages as a "courtesy". It's just an FYI that the app will use these items to enhance your experience in the app.

For example, 3 your location. GMaps shows your location on the map, so they need to access that information.

As far as 2 services that cost u money, I believe their referring to your data plan which your paying for. Really, nothing to worry about here at all!

thank u
    so its not going to affect my contacts or anything?
    does urs always come up saying it has access the certain things?
    and u havent had any problems?

Apps are created to enhance your experience with your phone...especially with android, because high levels of customization is a key characteristic. It needs to access these items to better tailor your personal experience and give you feedback that is very useful. If you only use apps that do not need any or all of the accesses, then you will not be using very many....relax and dont commit any crimes with your phone...LOLOLOLOL
    CM7.0.3
    Overclocked 1113

Quote Originally Posted by jenbabe View Post
    thank u
    so its not going to affect my contacts or anything?
    does urs always come up saying it has access the certain things?
    and u havent had any problems?
    Many apps I've installed have similar warnings, nothing to worry about at all. Once you start installing apps from the Market you'll see these things all the time. I've never had a problem!

As far as contacts go, the only app I've found that did anything I didn't like was Facebook with its contact syncing. But that's personal preference, some people like it

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links