Known problematic apps with Froyo.....list yours!

This is a discussion on Known problematic apps with Froyo.....list yours! within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; My camera flickers. Not always though. I acts as though it shuts off then back on real quick and I cannot take a pic. I ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Known problematic apps with Froyo.....list yours!

My camera flickers. Not always though. I acts as though it shuts off then back on real quick and I cannot take a pic. I do a reboot and it stops. Its very strange.
    Nexus One (at&t)
    ROM: 2.2 w/root
    Recovery Amon-Ra 1.7.0
    ---

---
    HTC Evo 4g (sprint)
    ROM: SupererSonic 2.1
    Recovery ClockworkMod

I had used the beta version of Swype keyboard and it does not work with 2.2 but they have already posted on the board they are working on an update to fix that.

I had a widget to display my upcoming calendar events, Android Agenda Widget that stopped working. I wrote the developer this morning and he already sent me a beta replacement that is working great. He will be posting an update to the market soon.

I had a couple of app icons on my Home screens that I had to re-make because it couldn't find the app, but once I replaced them, everything worked good. It was the camera app icon and google voice icon.

All other apps are working great.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I had used the beta version of Swype keyboard and it does not work with 2.2 but they have already posted on the board they are working on an update to fix that.

I had a widget to display my upcoming calendar events, Android Agenda Widget that stopped working. I wrote the developer this morning and he already sent me a beta replacement that is working great. He will be posting an update to the market soon.

I had a couple of app icons on my Home screens that I had to re-make because it couldn't find the app, but once I replaced them, everything worked good. It was the camera app icon and google voice icon.

All other apps are working great.
    I use Folder Organizer and I had to recreate shortcuts to the basic apps that were replaced with the Froyo update.

Swype? I have wanted to try it, but haven't been notified from the sign up and have never been able to find it on the market.

A GREAT alternative for Swype is SlideIt keyboard, but alas, that won't work either

Calendar widget doesn't work either, the one from the market (from the same makers as the truegrid calendar widget)

The (guitar) tuning app, sorry, the name escapes me... I'll look it up later. Doesn't work either.

Oh, and Documents to Go paid version, though the free version has no problems!

That's all so far, together with CoPilot that was enough for me to have gone back to CyanogenMod for now... besides I can't live without the trackball wake :D
    My sigs keep getting

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I've been using the beta of swype as well and it is working fine for me with Froyo.

Rick

cxm
    A few different calendar widgets don't seem to work on mine (smooth calendar for e.g). I noticed this morning there were 3 updates for my apps all to give froyo compatibility (including retro clock so that is fixed already). Best part was the button at the bottom saying "update all". Small change but makes a big difference.

I experienced (for the first time) that the screen calibration didn't work properly. When im typing "s", it registers the spacebar.

But I was hiding under my blankets (its very cold here) and the screen started to fog up. That might have been the reason.

But I locked the screen and wiped the screen off. Then it worked again!

Some of my apps are FC-ing but I have yet to re-install them.

Power Search

no longer returns search results from the calendar. May not return results from other apps- I don't know.

TD

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy82 View Post
    My problematic apps:

• CoPilot Live (will not run at all)
    • Retro Clock Widget (calendar no longer opens when you touch the date) UPDATE: Has now been fixed and new version released.
    This is the response I just got from CoPilot:

Thank you for contacting CoPilot Technical Support.

We hope to have an update soon that will work on Android 2.2 OS.

If you have any further questions, or feel that this incident has not been resolved to your satisfaction, please do not hesitate to bring this to our attention.
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

Just FYI when i used that special version of the Update that you flash instead of updating i then downloaded and installed Titanium and to my horror was greeted by root access errors even when i granted it access but then i deselected remember in the grant access box and proceeded to manually allow 5 permissions before re-checking the box and selecting allow, that fixed it and i don't have busybox installed ?
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads