Known problematic apps with Froyo.....list yours!

This is a discussion on Known problematic apps with Froyo.....list yours! within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by alphawave7 Originally Posted by N1David Originally Posted by alphawave7 Sumpthin's up David...all of my mp4s play back fine on 2.2. Mine created ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Known problematic apps with Froyo.....list yours!

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    Sumpthin's up David...all of my mp4s play back fine on 2.2. Mine created w/Handbrake iPod setting.
    iPhoneSlayer too...

I believe something is up if you can play MP4 files I have read another post that someone else can play them too. I am thinking because of the gallery problem with pictures saved from handcent that maybe something is amiss with my SD card. I am in the process of copying all of the files to my computer so I can format the card and try again.
    Tested and confirmed with both stock (Movies) and Meridian, works fine.
    Mine still won't play. I formatted the SD card, tried other MP4 files, nope not playing. Plus I still have either reboot the phone or plug it into the computer, mount it and unmount it for gallery to see pictures I save from handcent messages.
    Do you think I should re-do the update? Is that even possible?

Have you tried an alternate vid proggy, like Meridian? I think the gallery/Handsent issue may simply by a sync issue...it takes a while for gallery to grab pics. Use a file explorer and open Handsent pics using Gallery (force) and see if that speeds up content detection.

Have you tried an alternate vid proggy, like Meridian? I think the gallery/Handsent issue may simply by a sync issue...it takes a while for gallery to grab pics. Use a file explorer and open Handsent pics using Gallery (force) and see if that speeds up content detection.
    The video problem started with the update. I had 4 videos on my SD card that I had watched last week. After the update when I opened that folder in gallery they wouldn't play. It would just error out saying "Sorry, this video cannot be played."

Now for the handcent issue, I just received a picture. It didn't show up in gallery (even though when opened it read adding new items ...). Then I used Astro and navigated and opened it in Astro and even said use Gallery and saw the picture on my screen. Went back to gallery and it still is not there.
    Handcent update - I let my phone alone for 20 minutes and the picture saved from handcent showed up in the gallery.

Mobile Banking doesn't even show up in the market anymore since I'm on 2.2. I used my milestone on 2.1 and its there. market://search?q=pname:biz.firethorn.ftap
    Try and pull it up on 2.2.
    Nexus One (at&t)
    ROM: 2.2 w/root
    Recovery Amon-Ra 1.7.0
    ---

---
    HTC Evo 4g (sprint)
    ROM: SupererSonic 2.1
    Recovery ClockworkMod

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post

Thanks iPhoneSlayer
    Sorry man, I can't find a mp4 file to test. You gotta link with an mp4 i could try?
    Not now, when I am home from work, I can try to upload one to youtube for you to download and try.
    Mp4 works for me...sorry.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Sorry man, I can't find a mp4 file to test. You gotta link with an mp4 i could try?
    Not now, when I am home from work, I can try to upload one to youtube for you to download and try.
    Thanks for checking, I appreciate that. I wonder why mine doesn't want to play them anymore? I rarely used it, it was a backup to my iPod. I guess, I will wait for the OTA 2.2 release and see if that fixes it - I don't know what else to try.

Thanks for checking, I appreciate that. I wonder why mine doesn't want to play them anymore? I rarely used it, it was a backup to my iPod. I guess, I will wait for the OTA 2.2 release and see if that fixes it - I don't know what else to try.
    Did you try to reinstall 2.2? I think the OTA will correct it.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Did you try to reinstall 2.2? I think the OTA will correct it.
    I didn't try to re-install 2.2 but I do have the file handy that I could do that.
    Thanks

Every single one of my audio streaming apps has some kind of ANNOYING bug in 2.2... StreamFurious and XiiaLive (formerly DroidLive) can play a certain link, but not another (they both worked in 2.1), and Cherry RPlayer and A Online Radio both crash, and I can't even find them in android market!

I went back to CM-5.0.6... I was having WAY too many things in Froyo making my phone act bizarre. Nice and stable now.. Ahhh.... Plus Flash 10.1 is so jittery (unless you don't touch the screen in any way) it's annoying.
    Nexus One (at&t)
    ROM: 2.2 w/root
    Recovery Amon-Ra 1.7.0
    ---

---
    HTC Evo 4g (sprint)
    ROM: SupererSonic 2.1
    Recovery ClockworkMod

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links