Skype on Nexus

This is a discussion on Skype on Nexus within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi, Im new in the Nexus family, but already starting get over the new phone and starting to realize that its not all as good ...

Thread: Skype on Nexus

Unhappy Skype on Nexus

Hi, Im new in the Nexus family, but already starting get over the new phone and starting to realize that its not all as good as I thought. Maybe Im just not getting the right puss. So I want to ask: Skype - Does it work on nexus? And Google maps... Dont work offline. GPS works but maps dont. Am I doing something wrong? If yes could you please tell me how to fix this problems? Thank you

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Google maps downloads the maps as you need them so it it will not work offline. Not a bug. There is supposedly a map software that allows you to pick the areas you want/need then use it offline but I don't know the name.

Edit: My "ooh shiny" phase is also wearing off but I think I've found my Nexus' purpose now. Plus my only other options for an ATT smartphone were a Windows Mobile phone, a blackberry type phone, or the Backflip. Neither of those options were very attractive.

True offline maps for your Android - unplugged ! | MapDroyd is a free mapping app with offline access.

As far as Skype goes, it depends what you want it for .... voip calls or chatting. I suggest you give Fring a try in the Market. For voice look into SipDroid or SipAgent, both in the market. The official Skype app it for Verizon customers only right now.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links