Standard Browser Bookmarks backup

This is a discussion on Standard Browser Bookmarks backup within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi a Nexus Noob here! Does anyone know if it is possible to back up the bookmarks from the standard Nexus Browser? I seem to ...

Thread: Standard Browser Bookmarks backup

Talking Standard Browser Bookmarks backup

Hi a Nexus Noob here!
    Does anyone know if it is possible to back up the bookmarks from the standard Nexus Browser?

I seem to remember reading somewhere the phone backs everything up to your Google account as you go, but I cant find reference to it now and was not sure if it backed up bookmarks as well?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yes, bookmarks are backed up to Google servers if you choose to backup your data when you started your N1 for the first time. To change the setting go to Settings > Privacy.

The backup is used only to restore the data to your phone... meaning you can't access it in Google Bookmarks or Google Docs. But, if you get a new Android device or need to wipe Google will push them back to your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Yes, bookmarks are backed up to Google servers if you choose to backup your data when you started your N1 for the first time. To change the setting go to Settings > Privacy.

The backup is used only to restore the data to your phone... meaning you can't access it in Google Bookmarks or Google Docs. But, if you get a new Android device or need to wipe Google will push them back to your phone.
    Thank You rioja that was helpful I will carry one bookmarking with no fear now!

Quote Originally Posted by nitro fan View Post
    Thank You rioja that was helpful I will carry one bookmarking with no fear now!
    You're Welome

You'll get a TON of useful info on this forum. There's pretty much no problem or question you won't get an answer to.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links