Default browser bookmark order.

This is a discussion on Default browser bookmark order. within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I searched, and tried everything I can think of, but no go. Is there a way to keep the bookmarks from re-sorting to most used? ...

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Default browser bookmark order.

  1. #1
    Senior Member bobbyphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    159

    Default browser bookmark order.

    I searched, and tried everything I can think of, but no go. Is there a way to keep the bookmarks from re-sorting to most used? I would rather keep them in A,B,C order because I know exactly where they are. I hate scrolling to the "S"s only to not find my bookmark, and then remember I was there recently, so now I have to search from the top to see where it is. Any help would be great. I know other browsers don't do that (like Dolphin), so I don't want to not ever use the default, but I just may have to since I have like 200 bookmarks.

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Junior Member Beer Goggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2
    You might want to create a home page with shortcuts to the bookmarks that you use the most.

  4. #3
    Senior Member bobbyphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    159
    OK so I can't figure out how you do that. Can you explain please? Thanks.

  5. #4
    Junior Member Beer Goggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post
    OK so I can't figure out how you do that. Can you explain please? Thanks.
    Long touch on the homepage.....
    Select shortcut....
    Select bookmark...
    Pick the bookmark.....

    Done.

  6. #5
    Android Lurker maris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    0
    I use a free app called BookmarkSB that allows you to sort your bookmarks however you want (and they stay that way). It also has a backup feature for them.

  7. #6
    Senior Member bobbyphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post
    OK so I can't figure out how you do that. Can you explain please? Thanks.
    Long touch on the homepage.....
    Select shortcut....
    Select bookmark...
    Pick the bookmark.....

    Done.
    They still would reorder after using them. Thanks for trying to help.

  8. #7
    Senior Member bobbyphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I use a free app called BookmarkSB that allows you to sort your bookmarks however you want (and they stay that way). It also has a backup feature for them.
    Just downloaded it, and it works perfect. They stay put! Thanks!

  9. #8
    Junior Member Beer Goggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post
    OK so I can't figure out how you do that. Can you explain please? Thanks.
    Long touch on the homepage.....
    Select shortcut....
    Select bookmark...
    Pick the bookmark.....

    Done.
    They still would reorder after using them. Thanks for trying to help.
    Since they are shortcuts, they stay where you put them.

    That other program is fine, but sometimes it's still really nice to have a fast way to open the browser straight to the sites that you use frequently. That's what bookmark shortcuts do.

  10. #9
    Senior Member bobbyphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    159
    Hmm, I guess I'm not doing it correctly. It sounds good, but I can't seem to create shortcuts. I'll play around with it some more.

  11. #10
    Junior Member Beer Goggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post
    Hmm, I guess I'm not doing it correctly. It sounds good, but I can't seem to create shortcuts. I'll play around with it some more.
    Did you touch one of the home screens in an empty area and hold it?

    That will pop-up the first dialog to get started.....

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

android bookmark order

,

default browser changing bookmark order

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum