How do you change your icon in messaging?

This is a discussion on How do you change your icon in messaging? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; You added a picture to your gmail account contact on the computer, applied it, and it is still a gray box? Here is a link ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you change your icon in messaging?

You added a picture to your gmail account contact on the computer, applied it, and it is still a gray box?

Here is a link to the Nexus One user guide. Perhaps it can help:

Nexus One user's guide - Nexus One Help

Customer care suggested a hard reset, but I wanted to see if anyone else had resolved the issue without doing something so drastic.

Do you have internet access on your phone? Have you logged onto your gmail account online via a computer? Have you tried to change your profile picture there?

Yes I have done that.

ive read somewhere that you would have to put "my number" on the sim card itself. check settings > about phone > status. my phone number should have your phone number. mine is blank and i just get the grey box as well.

also read that some older phones can enable you to program "my number" on your sim. any ideas?

my brother has a nokia e71 but i cant seem to find that setting on that phone.

this is dumb.

just click on your icon while your in messaging and you should see a bar with a phone and a contact thing and messaging icon. Tap the contact icon, then menu, then edit, add a picture and your set.

Quote Originally Posted by thedunn805 View Post
    just click on your icon while your in messaging and you should see a bar with a phone and a contact thing and messaging icon. Tap the contact icon, then menu, then edit, add a picture and your set.
    same as others... i just see a grey box. nothing happens on click. i have an icon on gtalk which i can click though. this sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thedunn805 View Post
    same as others... i just see a grey box. nothing happens on click. i have an icon on gtalk which i can click though. this sucks.
    oh heres the thread i saw about this... any other ideas?

Grey picture in the messaging application, Froyo 2.2 - Android Help

With the froyo update, you and your recipient have icons next to your names, but I can't seem to change the "Me" icon... i've even added "me" to the contacts and no dice. Any suggestions?

I see what you mean. I didn't like that either. I just now changed it. I opened a post where I was talking and another person with a picture. Mine was the gray box profile. I held my finger on the gray box for a couple seconds, turned loose and a tab came up to edit account picture. I clicked on that and got a picture from my gallery. Now I have a pix too!
    Hope this can work for you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Quote Originally Posted by judeeg View Post
    With the froyo update, you and your recipient have icons next to your names, but I can't seem to change the "Me" icon... i've even added "me" to the contacts and no dice. Any suggestions?

I see what you mean. I didn't like that either. I just now changed it. I opened a post where I was talking and another person with a picture. Mine was the gray box profile. I held my finger on the gray box for a couple seconds, turned loose and a tab came up to edit account picture. I clicked on that and got a picture from my gallery. Now I have a pix too!
    Hope this can work for you...
    held on the gray box for 24 hours (a few seconds really) and still nothing! can you check settings > about phone > status... if your number is there? still think thats the first step on making this work.

dont have my number there... thats the problem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links