How do you change your icon in messaging?

This is a discussion on How do you change your icon in messaging? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; With the froyo update, you and your recipient have icons next to your names, but I can't seem to change the "Me" icon... i've even ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you change your icon in messaging?

Wink How do you change your icon in messaging?

With the froyo update, you and your recipient have icons next to your names, but I can't seem to change the "Me" icon... i've even added "me" to the contacts and no dice. Any suggestions?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Just create your own contact (with your name, not "me") and add a picture.

My "Me" icon on my phone came from when I was using google talk on my desktop - I set up a picture there in my profile and it transferred to my Nexus One.
    Also, in the mapping function on the Nexus One, there is an option to change your picture there as well - Tap the box above your icon on the map (it is the same picture in mapping, as emails, as well as talk).
    Hope this helps.

I added myself to the phone book under my name, name w/middle initial, etc. and still no dice. I called into tech support, and apparently you're supposed to be able to tap the grey box and add contact, but it's not working on my phone. I read somewhere that it won't work because there is no number assigned to my nexus. BLAH. I just want the grey box to go away ;_;

Are you in "edit" mode when you tap on the gray box? If you are not in edit mode, it functions differently by giving you options for calling, emailing, texting, etc., depending on how you have filled out the contact card.

How do I go into edit mode through the messaging app?

Quote Originally Posted by Tori Malani View Post
    How do I go into edit mode through the messaging app?
    I'm sorry I didn't state that clearer. Use the edit mode in your contacts to add your picture by tapping on the gray box. It allows you to select one from your gallery, or someone can take your picture with the camera. Then it will show up in all your apps that will use your picture, like SMS, google voice, etc.

I did that, I set up multiple contacts with an image, email, etc. so it would (hopefully) correlate with the "me" contact under messaging, but unfortunately, the image in the app still remained a grey box. Selecting it gave me no options.

Quote Originally Posted by Tori Malani View Post
    I did that, I set up multiple contacts with an image, email, etc. so it would (hopefully) correlate with the "me" contact under messaging, but unfortunately, the image in the app still remained a grey box. Selecting it gave me no options.
    Well, then ... let's try this. Let's work with your Gmail account on the computer. While in your email account, select Contacts. Get rid of all but one of the duplicate contacts you made for yourself. It should have your first name and last name (not "me"). You really don't need to have a phone listed for the picture to show up, but do enter one label it "mobile" if you haven't already, and save it. Now, select that contact record and you should be able to view the information you entered, and to the right you will see your gray box. As you mouse over the gray box, you should see a link pop up that says "Change Picture." Click on that link and select a picture from your computer. During the selection, you can move a little window around the picture you selected to center the part of the picture you want to use. Then click apply and your picture will appear in the contact record. Then go to your phone and sync your gmail account. Now the picture will also appear on your phone's contact list and when you reply to an SMS, your picture will show up under "me."

Did that, and it is still showing up as a grey box.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links