Use Trackball to wake phone app - NO ROOT REQUIRED!

This is a discussion on Use Trackball to wake phone app - NO ROOT REQUIRED! within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by dd4005 Originally Posted by LMControl Been using this for a few days now, works well. Even better, I keep the widget on ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Use Trackball to wake phone app - NO ROOT REQUIRED!

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LMControl View Post
    Been using this for a few days now, works well. Even better, I keep the widget on a home screen for easy access so I can toggle it to prevent it from draining the battery when its in my pocket in case I accidentally hit the track ball.
    I don't get why people want to wake it from the trackball. What's wrong with the power button on the top? I especially wouldn't want to install this if it bypasses the lock screen. I like that the lock screen has a really short timeout (about 5 or 10 seconds) so an accidental in-pocket press of the top power button doesn't drain the battery. Whereas with this app, each accidental press of the trackball means the screen timeout is whatever you've got it set to (and I usually have it set to 2 minutes).

Another one of those apps (like the LED torch) that I'll never quite understand the desire for.
    Because the majority of phones out there wake up to at least the "home" button pressed, and a larger majority wake the screen on any button press. It seems silly to me that the power button is the only button on this phone that wakes the screen.
    Jason
    Nexus One

Thank you for letting me know about this, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by samuelong87 View Post
    the power button for some pple is becoming faulty due to frequent presses :S
    I'm one of these people, my power button doesn't work AT ALL.

I didn't see this mentioned elsewhere, but there's an app called LockBot that allows wake-up by trackball or volume key press. It also has customizable lock screens.

It's a paid app, but has a free version that does the job just fine.

The last Cyanogen ROM I was using also had this feature built-in as an option (trackball wakes screen up, doesn't bypass lock screen/password).

Quote Originally Posted by juicedigital View Post
    So how do you turn your phone on? The trackball "wake up" will surely only wake it up from sleep, rather than turning it on from off.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

So how do you turn your phone on? The trackball "wake up" will surely only wake it up from sleep, rather than turning it on from off.
    I was searching all over the net to find out, and only one post on one site had the answer! I might make a YouTube video to help others with the same question.

Here's how it's done:
    • Remove the battery
    • Plug in external power, the charging light will start flashing alternating orange & green
    • Put the battery back in, the charging light will stop flashing and show solid (orange or green, depending if battery is fully-charged)
    • Pull the battery out, wait for the solid charging light to turn off
    • Put the battery back in (quickly!) before the light starts flashing again
    It was pretty easy once I realized I could just lift up the right side of the battery and move it away from the connectors, then slide it right back into its spot. I'll post a link here once I get the video online.

I was searching all over the net to find out, and only one post on one site had the answer! I might make a YouTube video to help others with the same question.

Here's how it's done:
    • Remove the battery
    • Plug in external power, the charging light will start flashing alternating orange & green
    • Put the battery back in, the charging light will stop flashing and show solid (orange or green, depending if battery is fully-charged)
    • Pull the battery out, wait for the solid charging light to turn off
    • Put the battery back in (quickly!) before the light starts flashing again
    It was pretty easy once I realized I could just lift up the right side of the battery and move it away from the connectors, then slide it right back into its spot. I'll post a link here once I get the video online.
    im confused but what is that for?

^Since my power button doesn't work, that's is the only way for me to turn my phone on - like if my battery dies, for example.

^Since my power button doesn't work, that's is the only way for me to turn my phone on - like if my battery dies, for example.
    goodness. thats a lot of trouble. why not send for repair?!

This is a sweet app. Thanks! Totally great for when I'm at work playing with my phone.

wuts the app called?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links