Use Trackball to wake phone app - NO ROOT REQUIRED!

This is a discussion on Use Trackball to wake phone app - NO ROOT REQUIRED! within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; The app is called: No Lock...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Use Trackball to wake phone app - NO ROOT REQUIRED!

The app is called: No Lock

Quote Originally Posted by samuelong87 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by juicedigital View Post
    ^Since my power button doesn't work, that's is the only way for me to turn my phone on - like if my battery dies, for example.
    goodness. thats a lot of trouble. why not send for repair?!
    I bought the phone that way from the original owner... for a deeeep discount.

I'll probably take it to one of my local phone repair shops, but as far as getting it repaired under warranty, I'm SOL.

finally! good find, ty

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    This will come in handy, thx!

the constant pattern unlock is annoying, that i need to do it everytime my phone locks, like when its on my dock streaming music, and i want to change the song, gona test this app after a bit, ill let you guys know!

Edit:
    This did not work as i thought it would.
    All it does is REMOVE the lock screen, pattern or not,

Press trackball to wake goes to home
    Press lock button to wake, goes to home aswell, skips the lock screen :|

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post

I'm one of these people, my power button doesn't work AT ALL.
    So how do you turn your phone on? The trackball "wake up" will surely only wake it up from sleep, rather than turning it on from off.
    I was searching all over the net to find out, and only one post on one site had the answer! I might make a YouTube video to help others with the same question.

Here's how it's done:
    • Remove the battery
    • Plug in external power, the charging light will start flashing alternating orange & green
    • Put the battery back in, the charging light will stop flashing and show solid (orange or green, depending if battery is fully-charged)
    • Pull the battery out, wait for the solid charging light to turn off
    • Put the battery back in (quickly!) before the light starts flashing again
    It was pretty easy once I realized I could just lift up the right side of the battery and move it away from the connectors, then slide it right back into its spot. I'll post a link here once I get the video online.
    I love you, you just saved me! thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio36 View Post
    Really? I'm looking at No Lock in the market and it doesn't mention the trackball. Gonna try it anyway.

Well, I would have tried it but I repeatedly got download unsuccessful. According to the many unhappy users in the comments, it seems like it enables all buttons rather than just the trackball.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio36 View Post
    Really? I'm looking at No Lock in the market and it doesn't mention the trackball. Gonna try it anyway.

Well, I would have tried it but I repeatedly got download unsuccessful. According to the many unhappy users in the comments, it seems like it enables all buttons rather than just the trackball.
    No Lock removes the need to swipe to unlock, so yes, all buttons including the trackball will wake up the phone.

The market is having some trouble as of late, but Google is aware, and trying to fix everything.

Quote Originally Posted by samuelong87 View Post
    the power button for some pple is becoming faulty due to frequent presses :S
    this is why i love this app. sometimes i have to hit the power button 3 times before i can unlock the screen. this app also allows you to hit the volume to unlock as well

I've uninstalled this app (and rebooted) but my phone can still be woken from the trackball. Is that normal ? That when I press the trackball I get to the lock screen ? I can't remember now what standard behavior was. I want it now so that pressing the trackball while the screen is sleeping nothing happens.

Currently, one press of the trackball wakes the phone from sleep, another (second) press while the lock screen is on, bypasses the lock screen and takes me to my desktop. So while the phone is in my pocket, two presses on the trackball puts my phone into desktop mode. Any more presses result in apps getting started (or calls being made) without my knowledge.
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Ignore me. My problem wasn't with the nolock app at all, I had some advanced trackball settings turned on in CyanogenMod 6. D'oh !!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links