Use Trackball to wake phone app - NO ROOT REQUIRED!

This is a discussion on Use Trackball to wake phone app - NO ROOT REQUIRED! within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I searched and didn't really find any threads relating to this app. It's a simple app that lets you wake your phone by pressing the ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Use Trackball to wake phone app - NO ROOT REQUIRED!

Use Trackball to wake phone app - NO ROOT REQUIRED!

I searched and didn't really find any threads relating to this app. It's a simple app that lets you wake your phone by pressing the trackball instead of the power button. It also bypass the slide to unlock your phone!

The best part...Your phone does NOT have to be rooted!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well, i guess i may as well give it a try for a few days...

only thing that sucks is that if you have a password on your phone it bypasses taht also....

I agree.
    but one thing about password is that if the person who wants to use your lost/stolen phone knows how to flash your phone, passwords are useless.

should have the name of the app "no lock" somewhere in ur post for us newbs (i just got the phone yesterday) but i figured out how to scan lol

but yea passwords are kinda useless i never use them on my phones
    1 time my phone fell outta my pocket when i got in the car, i didnt know the phone was missing till i got home... BUT the person who found the phone was able to return the phone cause he was able to go into the contacts list

Good find safeplayer! Constantly pressing the trackball in Froyo with nothing happening was driving me nuts. It's a hard habit to break!

Been using this for a few days now, works well. Even better, I keep the widget on a home screen for easy access so I can toggle it to prevent it from draining the battery when its in my pocket in case I accidentally hit the track ball.

Good fine, useful app. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LMControl View Post
    Been using this for a few days now, works well. Even better, I keep the widget on a home screen for easy access so I can toggle it to prevent it from draining the battery when its in my pocket in case I accidentally hit the track ball.
    I don't get why people want to wake it from the trackball. What's wrong with the power button on the top? I especially wouldn't want to install this if it bypasses the lock screen. I like that the lock screen has a really short timeout (about 5 or 10 seconds) so an accidental in-pocket press of the top power button doesn't drain the battery. Whereas with this app, each accidental press of the trackball means the screen timeout is whatever you've got it set to (and I usually have it set to 2 minutes).

Another one of those apps (like the LED torch) that I'll never quite understand the desire for.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

To each, their own. I don't understand a lot of what others do, but...

However, the LED flashlight has already come in quite handy and is very bright. Bright enough to help me find the candles when storms knocked out the power here last night.

the power button for some pple is becoming faulty due to frequent presses :S

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links