Twitter App & Widget Broken on Froyo?

This is a discussion on Twitter App & Widget Broken on Froyo? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; hey y'all I upgraded to froyo this past week and everything seemed to be awesome - ridiculously fast with wifi hotspotting, no real hiccups to ...

Thread: Twitter App & Widget Broken on Froyo?

Twitter App & Widget Broken on Froyo?

hey y'all

I upgraded to froyo this past week and everything seemed to be awesome - ridiculously fast with wifi hotspotting, no real hiccups to speak of. But then last night I noticed the Twitter app (including widget) won't update statuses automatically anymore. The Twitter widget sits on my homescreen but doesn't show anything new until I go into the app and hit "refresh."

The two things I could imagine causing this are:

- Froyo
    - Beautiful Widgets (installed yesterday as well ...?)

Has anyone else experienced this, or am I an isolated incident?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Did you remove the widget an re-add it?

Same with me. Don't really use twitter just signed up last week to see what all the hype is about. Ya the widget on 2.2 is on the same "tweet" all the time for me. Didn't know it was supposed to update. No biggie for me but I can see how it can be a problem for some tweeting people....twitering people...er tweety birds...or whatever they're called.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Since 2.2 hasn't been released to the public yet, I don't see the fact that some apps don't work with it as being news.

The developers will come along with their updates by the time the OTA happens... or they won't. Those that don't will fall off the market soon enough - in fact this is probably a good way of weeding out the dead wood.

As an aside: twicca is a damn good twitter app IMO.

I found Seesmic works best for my needs. I have the official twitter app and it works great but doesn't update automatically for the tweets so I miss a lot if info if I don't refresh or frequently.:nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post
    I found Seesmic works best for my needs. I have the official twitter app and it works great but doesn't update automatically for the tweets so I miss a lot if info if I don't refresh or frequently.:nexusx:
    You have to set the refresh interval in the options if you want it to update automatically.

tried it

yup I tried removing widget / re-adding it, but it's the same deal.

Maybe it is just the fact that FROYO isn't official yet so there are apps that have stopped working, but I think it's strange that the Twitter app worked for about a week and then quit.

Does anyone know if calling the Google Nexus One hotline will have a problem helping me with a Froyo NXS1?

Thanks for everyone's feedback!

This seems crazy

I'm still dealing with the same issue but noticed today as I tried to uninstall the application, Android won't let me (button is grayed out / disabled). Has anyone experienced this with ANY application? Seems strange.

Hey,

recent update on the twitter app with the official froyo release!
    Here's what I'm seeing. I downloaded the twitter app and had been using it before the update, Eveything was fine. It updated the status and Notified me of new tweets from the ppl I'm following anf the trackball lit up when new notifications came
    After the froyo update I noticed the twitter app still notified me by the ringtone i selected and vibrates but the trackball does not lit up anymore.
    Ir works perfectly with Gmail notifications but it doesnt with the twitter app. Can anyone else confirm this?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links