I need an experienced Google Voice user's opinion

This is a discussion on I need an experienced Google Voice user's opinion within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; There are many search engines where you can check about this like Google, Yahoo, Aafter...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need an experienced Google Voice user's opinion

There are many search engines where you can check about this like Google, Yahoo, Aafter

free mobile to mobile on google voice?

i'm on t-mobile with mobile-to-mobile free. if my t-mobile friends call on my google voice#, would the airtime be free?

Quote Originally Posted by grabbags View Post
    i'm on t-mobile with mobile-to-mobile free. if my t-mobile friends call on my google voice#, would the airtime be free?
    No, getting a call through Google Voice is like getting a call from a land line.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    No, getting a call through Google Voice is like getting a call from a land line.
    That's sad. I picked a good google voice#, but lose the mobile-mobile feature. Thanks for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by grabbags View Post

GV is not part of the T-Mobile network, so it will use your minutes as all calls from other networks.

Quote Originally Posted by jaysutton2003 View Post
    I have been viewing these forums for quite some time, but this is my first post. I just got a job that requires me to have a cell phone for business. I want to keep my current cell number different from my business number. I am looking at using a number through google voice as my business number. I have a few questions...

-How reliable is this service? Is the reliability as good as a regular cell company such as t-mobile?

-Is it possible to set a specific ringtone for all incoming calls via the google voice number?

-I set a specific voice message to be played for missed calls, but somehow it went back to the standard greeting without my voice. Is this normal?

Any feedback is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
    Justin (Proud Nexus 1 owner!!!)

1. very reliable

2. set a ringtone to GV number.

3. check GV settings on your online account.

Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    1. the reliability is excellent, but the in call quality can go either way because its through data.

2. yes you can select specific ringtones to come through when GV comes through.

3. I have also had the voice mail go back to original default, but not that often and seems only when I 'test' things.... seems to never have an issue for others calling me, but it does suck that it sometimes happens

1. GV is not through data.

I discovered something interesting over the holiday weekend regarding using GV as my primary number.

I'm sure those of you who have GV have noticed that the calls are actually routed through a separate phone number that's not your GV number. What I found out was that part of the call is actually initiated over a data connection, then when it connects and starts ringing, it's like a forwarded call that counts off of your minutes.

I was in an area that had decent voice connection, but NO data. My whole family experienced the same thing (they all have iphones, hehe) Anyway, when I tried to make a call, it would time out. The only way I could use GV to dial out was to call my GV number, hit * and enter my code, then press 2 to make an outbound call.

From what I can tell this brief data portion only happens on outbound calls, and just until it starts ringing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links