Most Useful Applications

This is a discussion on Most Useful Applications within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Maris Just a few of my favorites: WiFi File Explorer (easily view/transfer files to/from computer) thanks for that one!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most Useful Applications

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Just a few of my favorites:
    WiFi File Explorer (easily view/transfer files to/from computer)
    thanks for that one!

Quote Originally Posted by svenner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Just a few of my favorites:
    WiFi File Explorer (easily view/transfer files to/from computer)
    thanks for that one!
    Yeah ... I also have BlueTooth File Transfer, but one of my computers doesn't have BT so I found the WiFi one works great.

I use my phone for fun and business. Top two for both, and then general.

Business:

Touchdown - Lets you sync Microsoft Outlook.

DocumentsToGo - Basically Microsoft Office for Android.

Fun:

Google Sky Maps.

Fancy Widget.

Both:

No Lock

LauncherPro and Make it Default (tie)

ColorDict - best dictionary I have seen so far. Free. Offline. Also can translate, and thesaurus. And has wikipedia, all these are produced in neat color boxes when you type in a word. For wikipedia it needs internet connection. No ads last I checked. I use it often for my law studies and it has lots of legal words in the offline dictionary, and the wikipedia is also useful for legal definitions as well.

Yelp - excellent way to find all kinds of things in your area, like Coffee Shops, Parks, stores, and the best part is they are rated and have reviews, often with pictures. Phone # and directions as well.

List Master - one of my favorite apps. Best to do app I have seen. Use it daily. Have 3 different sections: Shopping list, To Do, and Travel Checklist. You type in the item in the list, and you can give it a priority so it will be on the top of the list for high priority or bottom for low, you can also add details to each item, and set due dates. Then when you are done with it you can select it to put a checkmark next to it or delete it. For things that repeat weekly you can just uncheck it when it you have to do it again.

LastFM - I used to listen to pandora, but LastFM is much better IMO. One reason is it has lots of foreign artists. I listen to Persian music and am amazed how many artists it has. It even knows what songs I have in my device and can make radio selections based on actual songs on my nexus one. And when you play your songs in Nexus One it Scrobbles them, meaning it gives you artist info about them. It even lets you see what other users listen to this artist, and because it knows the songs on their devices as well, it can let you play those songs with unlimited skipping. Basically I don't listen to Pandora any more. Might check Pandora out just to see if I'm missing something.

Slacker Radio - pretty cool. Listen to it often as well.

Advanced Task Manager Free - best task killer I found so far. Has a nice widget that lets me kill all tasks by simply clicking on the widget instead of opening the task manager. The Task Manager is also very advanced and can uninstall programs, and gives lots of info about the apps and services that are running. But best part is the widget IMO.

T-Mobile Account Info - in addition to the account info, it has a My device app that gives you info about your phone like memory used, and battery info.

Documents to Go - I use the free version for word documents. Also does spreadsheets.

Linda Manager - decent free file manager. Best free one I have found so far.

World Time Lite - pretty hand if you are traveling. Free.

Question New N1 user looking for the GPS app

I know this is going sound really stupid but I can't find anything that acts like a GPS the way my GPS does. I have a cheap Magellan and it's great but the images that I've seen from the N1 GPS look very similar but I can't see to activate anything like the street level navigation and find anything like turn by turn. I thought this was a basic app that would be included.

Please excuse my simpleton question but I've been trying to figure this out because I am taking a trip tomorrow and need to know if I should pack my Magellan.

Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    I know this is going sound really stupid but I can't find anything that acts like a GPS the way my GPS does. I have a cheap Magellan and it's great but the images that I've seen from the N1 GPS look very similar but I can't see to activate anything like the street level navigation and find anything like turn by turn. I thought this was a basic app that would be included.

Please excuse my simpleton question but I've been trying to figure this out because I am taking a trip tomorrow and need to know if I should pack my Magellan.
    You can get the street level view and a satallite view. When the stock nav is on, go to settings -> layers -> satellite - > Follow Route. Then when you get to your destination, it will change to street level.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

You're looking for the Navigation app - it's already on your phone.

I have had an Android phone since October 2009 and here are the apps that I have had since day one on my old MT3G.
    1)Advanced Task Manager-best task killer on market, use it daily
    2)Archipelago-best time killing game
    3)DoggCatcher-by far the best podcaster
    4)Keeper-I have tons of passwords and this keeps them all secure, easy also
    5)Maps-no need to elaborate
    6)The weather channel
    7)Where-easy way to find anything you need
    8)Mini info-widget is on home page, shows internal & sd card mem and batt %

I have never uninstalled these. I use each of these every single day. Couldn't live without them.

Marius, I also wanted to let you know to try Navigation Launcher in the market. It is an easy way to store frequently used addresses. Two clicks and you are navigating to where ever you want. It works in coordination with Google Maps. Like a few others said it will take you to street view when you arrive at your destination.

I can't find Wifi File Explorer in the Market.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links