is this too much to ask from google voice

This is a discussion on is this too much to ask from google voice within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; ok so i have a google voice account paired with my n1. I've been playing with the settings for a while and cant get what ...

Thread: is this too much to ask from google voice

is this too much to ask from google voice

ok so i have a google voice account paired with my n1.

I've been playing with the settings for a while and cant get what I want. All i want is this... if someone calls me from my GV number i want THEIR number to show and an ICON or something that tells me its thru my GV. Kinda in the way it makes outgoing calls. It has the white bar on top saying connect to GV.

The app on the phone ONLY applies to text message. I can change the ringtone that i get from my google voice and thats great i wish i can do the phone calls but it won't.

The options on the website settings are. SHOW that its calling from GV (great but i only see my number and have NO CLUE who is on the other end) or show THEIR number but i wont know if they are calling my real number or my GV.

I use both of my number selectively, only personal friends get my real number and everyone else gets my GV, so when i get a random number call me on my real line i know its most likely a friend but a random number from GV i will most likely send to voicemail.

Is there a 3rd party app to do what i want? Or is there a secret setting on the APP or online to get this DONE? the technology and info is there because its doing it for OUTBOUND calls, i just want it INBOUND.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'd like this too. But it just doesn't work that way.

I think that you oversimplify the problem. The reason it's easy for outgoing calls is that the phone ALREADY knows what it's doing.

For incoming calls, GV is just forwarding the call and it can place ONE number in the CALLER ID.

it makes sense doesn't it... i thought i had it figured out when i switched up ringtones... then i found out only for text...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links