App for scanning and digitizing physical texts?

This is a discussion on App for scanning and digitizing physical texts? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Does anyone know of a program that utilizes the camera to capture images of physical texts and then digitize it so that words are modifiable ...

Thread: App for scanning and digitizing physical texts?

App for scanning and digitizing physical texts?

Does anyone know of a program that utilizes the camera to capture images of physical texts and then digitize it so that words are modifiable or searchable?

I recall seeing an app that would take pictures and convert to PDF, but I don't think this actually analyzed and digitized text.

Also, if anyone know of a good voice recorder that does transcription please share!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

For small paragraphs Google Goggles works very well, translate from english to english then you can copy and paste, short paragraphs only, if your trying to do a whole page forget it.
    If you haven't tried it yet this is one the best features in GG.

thanks for the insight..

i tried it, but i wasn't able to find the translate feature after i took the photo.. could you walk me through the operation?

thanks!

This is a feature they added to GG about a month ago, if your ruining an older version it would not be there. I believe V1.1 is what you need, you will know its the correct one of it has a crop tool on the screen.

Use the crop tool to select the text you want to translate.

just updated, thanks..

it seems to work alright.. a little inaccurate in parts and it definitely cannot read my handwriting, haha..

hopefully something more robust will pop up soon! This would definitely be something Adobe could contribute to the app market.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links