Easy Phone Tunes (for Itunes)?

This is a discussion on Easy Phone Tunes (for Itunes)? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by antikryst ^^^ why itunes? because i have an ipod and used it since waaaay back. i like it. but i heard itunes ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easy Phone Tunes (for Itunes)?

Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    ^^^ why itunes? because i have an ipod and used it since waaaay back. i like it. but i heard itunes is junk on windows though.

i just dont need a "duplicate" itunes like application. if doubletwist just had a sync window i would be all over that. but as of now its a full blown itunes clone that i should run side by side with itunes just to sync with my nexus? no thanks.

just my opinion... will try doubletwist again when they update the mac version. the builds ive tried were just slow.
    So the Mac version doesn't auto sync with your Nexus? Based on your gripes, it doesn't sound like we're seeing the same features. The only interaction on Double Twist from me, is choosing what playlists I want to sync, which isn't any different then what I would do on iTunes, except I can sync an iPod and a Nexus with only one program.

Slow is an understatement. It is painfully slow. I recommend setting this up to run during the night so you can sleep while DoubleTwist does it thing and you aren't waiting for it. Still trying to figure out the video syncing but that will be another night, maybe tonight.

Are you guys talking overall responsiveness or video conversion? Because I'm running it on a nothing fancy dual core laptop and I don't even notice it's running.

I am running on a 2006 MacBook and I started a music sync that took over three hours for about 5mb and then started a 10mb video sync that looked like it would run the conversion and copy but would take about five hours. I don't mind the time, but I had to cancel the sync because I wanted my phone when I left for work. I will be checking to be sure I am installed correctly and I have been to the DoubleTwist web site to check my processes.

Reading around about Double Sync, you guys certainly aren't the only ones with issues, but I have no complaints. So I doubt it's just an Apple thing.

The doubletwist player causes me problems. When I'm using Pandora, every time that Pandora changes songs.... doubletwist decides to start playing a song from a playlist. Great... so now 2 songs are playing at once. Had to uninstall it.

double twist

I've been trying to work with Double Twist but it's is really slow and I can't get it to work with any videos. I am not happy but I can't find another alternative to work with audio AND video. Come on Google Music...

So, what would you guys recommend as a good music player strictly for syncing playlists? I would like to have a little more control through my computer as I already have playlists on my computer and don't really want to add each song one by one. Please let me know what you guys would recommend for such a simple thing that isn't $22, haha. Thanks in advance...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links