List of "Best In Class" apps?

This is a discussion on List of "Best In Class" apps? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'm digging the stock google calendar / gmail / and contacts apps. I use Mozilla Thunderbird on my Home computer, and using it and a ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: List of "Best In Class" apps?

I'm digging the stock google calendar / gmail / and contacts apps.

I use Mozilla Thunderbird on my Home computer, and using it and a few plugins I've got my e-mail / calendar / contacts all syncing with my gmail account. I actually didn't want to change my e-mail address to the gmail one, so I went as far as setting my gmail account to retrieve my shaw POP e-mail and to use the account by default. Now everything is sync'd between my computer/web/nexusone! It's like having my own mini exchange server

Is anyone using a Calendar Widget? Looking for a good one but there's so many. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Is anyone using a Calendar Widget? Looking for a good one but there's so many. Any suggestions?
    I'm using a GREAT calendar widget ... Agenda Calendar Widget. It has several sizes from which to choose and different skins and customizable looks. The dev is very responsive to requests. For example, when I got 2.2, the widget no longer worked with the calendar. One email and he sent me a replacement to try within hours that worked great.

Quote Originally Posted by abe12345 View Post
    Only wish they would have an option that puts all holidays on the calendar automatically ...
    I have holidays on my Google Calendar. I don't think I did anything to get them, they just show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    I'm using a GREAT calendar widget ... Agenda Calendar Widget. It has several sizes from which to choose and different skins and customizable looks. The dev is very responsive to requests. For example, when I got 2.2, the widget no longer worked with the calendar. One email and he sent me a replacement to try within hours that worked great.
    Is this it? Android Agenda Widget v1.2.0 Application for Android | Productivity

I'm having trouble finding "Agenda Calendar Widget" in the Market.

[EDIT]
    That must be it... IT'S AWESOME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pricej636 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nager View Post
    Can any one recommend a decent calendar app?
    Google Calendar!
    Google calendar is great. I use it often. Only wish they would have an option that puts all holidays on the calendar automatically, or better yet, give you the option to check which holidays you want included. I'm surprised they don't have this option. Currently I don't see such an option, and not sure if it is possible do program it in myself on some holidays, holidays where it is the first Friday of a certain month for example, don't seem to be programmable in the calendar settings. But if you know the date, like February 14th, then you can program that in as a recurring event.
    On your Google Calendar (on a PC) on the bottom left in the Other Calendars section, you can click add and it has a list of popular calendars (major holidays for 30+ countries, sports schedules, etc...) Just subscribe to one of those. If you want to get picky with which holidays to display, the custom repeating events options will let you specify everything imaginable.

But as far as the original topic goes...

1. RSS - gReader
    4. Scores - Google Scoreboard
    6. Streaming - My streaming needs are very basic, but I use a combo of Dropbox to host the files, and Double Twist to play the files from the Dropbox. The built in music player would crash if I tried it. Again, this probably doesn't qualify as streaming from your PC as it's in the cloud, but maybe someone would find the tip useful.
    7. VOIP - For the Skype user: Nimbuzz, for a real VOIP user Sipdroid (using Sipgate/Sip Sorcery)

HIFICorder

HIFICorder is a terrific free sound recorder for N1. Settings include File Formats, Record Quality and Compression Quality.

$9.99 upgrade for the Pro version and you can compress file to MP3 and send them via SMS or email, or just store on SD card or computer.

The HIFI quality is amazing. I set mine to 256k and they sound great.

Quote Originally Posted by ellesshoo View Post
    6. App to stream media (audio/video/pictures) from home computer
    i really want an app that steams video via LAN

i tried orb but the quality suks, i think it goes through the internet before it reaches the phone =/

Quote Originally Posted by MrSlippers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pricej636 View Post

Google Calendar!
    Google calendar is great. I use it often. Only wish they would have an option that puts all holidays on the calendar automatically, or better yet, give you the option to check which holidays you want included. I'm surprised they don't have this option. Currently I don't see such an option, and not sure if it is possible do program it in myself on some holidays, holidays where it is the first Friday of a certain month for example, don't seem to be programmable in the calendar settings. But if you know the date, like February 14th, then you can program that in as a recurring event.
    On your Google Calendar (on a PC) on the bottom left in the Other Calendars section, you can click add and it has a list of popular calendars (major holidays for 30+ countries, sports schedules, etc...) Just subscribe to one of those. If you want to get picky with which holidays to display, the custom repeating events options will let you specify everything imaginable.

But as far as the original topic goes...

1. RSS - gReader
    4. Scores - Google Scoreboard
    6. Streaming - My streaming needs are very basic, but I use a combo of Dropbox to host the files, and Double Twist to play the files from the Dropbox. The built in music player would crash if I tried it. Again, this probably doesn't qualify as streaming from your PC as it's in the cloud, but maybe someone would find the tip useful.
    7. VOIP - For the Skype user: Nimbuzz, for a real VOIP user Sipdroid (using Sipgate/Sip Sorcery)
    i tried greader last night. WOW it looks good. newsrob does the job but the interface and UI is crap so i dont think it should be on the best-in-class list.

couldnt get greader to sync right though. it was sluggish. its on the right track though.

Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post

i tried greader last night. WOW it looks good. newsrob does the job but the interface and UI is crap so i dont think it should be on the best-in-class list.

couldnt get greader to sync right though. it was sluggish. its on the right track though.
    I never heard of it until I was in between classes and scrolling recent apps and saw it. It does have some weird sync issues, but they've got something solid to work with, the devs just need to iron out the wrinkles. I'd also like it if we could change the color of the UI, I'm more of a monochrome fan then blue, but I'll live

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links