List of "Best In Class" apps?

This is a discussion on List of "Best In Class" apps? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by rioja Originally Posted by Maris Originally Posted by rioja Is anyone using a Calendar Widget? Looking for a good one but there's ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: List of "Best In Class" apps?

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Is anyone using a Calendar Widget? Looking for a good one but there's so many. Any suggestions?
    I'm using a GREAT calendar widget ... Agenda Calendar Widget. It has several sizes from which to choose and different skins and customizable looks. The dev is very responsive to requests. For example, when I got 2.2, the widget no longer worked with the calendar. One email and he sent me a replacement to try within hours that worked great.
    Is this it? Android Agenda Widget v1.2.0 Application for Android | Productivity

I'm having trouble finding "Agenda Calendar Widget" in the Market.

[EDIT]
    That must be it... IT'S AWESOME!!!
    YES !! That's the one. He must have updated the name, too. It is the best calendar widget I've found.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSlippers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by abe12345 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pricej636 View Post

Google Calendar!
    Google calendar is great. I use it often. Only wish they would have an option that puts all holidays on the calendar automatically, or better yet, give you the option to check which holidays you want included. I'm surprised they don't have this option. Currently I don't see such an option, and not sure if it is possible do program it in myself on some holidays, holidays where it is the first Friday of a certain month for example, don't seem to be programmable in the calendar settings. But if you know the date, like February 14th, then you can program that in as a recurring event.
    On your Google Calendar (on a PC) on the bottom left in the Other Calendars section, you can click add and it has a list of popular calendars (major holidays for 30+ countries, sports schedules, etc...) Just subscribe to one of those. If you want to get picky with which holidays to display, the custom repeating events options will let you specify everything imaginable.

But as far as the original topic goes...

1. RSS - gReader
    4. Scores - Google Scoreboard
    6. Streaming - My streaming needs are very basic, but I use a combo of Dropbox to host the files, and Double Twist to play the files from the Dropbox. The built in music player would crash if I tried it. Again, this probably doesn't qualify as streaming from your PC as it's in the cloud, but maybe someone would find the tip useful.
    7. VOIP - For the Skype user: Nimbuzz, for a real VOIP user Sipdroid (using Sipgate/Sip Sorcery)
    Awesome. Thanks.

Been going through a lot of apps lately, mostly looking for a good Calendar app, and a good "voice recorder" app.

So far, the best looking Calendar that looks like it will do what I want (show a full "grid" calendar as a widget, with colours), is the "Pure Grid Calendar", although it costs a bit.

I went through 5 or 6 voice recorder apps before finding "TapeMachine". It actually lets you append to the end of a file (very cool), and shows a neat waveform view that you can actually "scrub" through and hear. The ability to save as Flac is also cool, as I'm a big Flac fan.

I'd definitely pay for both of these, but I'm patiently awaiting the ability to pay for market apps with PayPal....

P.S. Really digging CardioTrainer as well. The free version is really quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwhiz2k View Post
    Been going through a lot of apps lately, mostly looking for a good Calendar app, and a good "voice recorder" app.

So far, the best looking Calendar that looks like it will do what I want (show a full "grid" calendar as a widget, with colours), is the "Pure Grid Calendar", although it costs a bit.

I went through 5 or 6 voice recorder apps before finding "TapeMachine". It actually lets you append to the end of a file (very cool), and shows a neat waveform view that you can actually "scrub" through and hear. The ability to save as Flac is also cool, as I'm a big Flac fan.

I'd definitely pay for both of these, but I'm patiently awaiting the ability to pay for market apps with PayPal....

P.S. Really digging CardioTrainer as well. The free version is really quite good.
    Not very impressed with TapeMachine. Like the ability to record with the phone off though. That's a big plus. But don't like how it is stuck in landscape mode. Maybe that is just a bug that is getting fixed. Try this: Voice Recorder v2.0.6 Application for Android | Productivity

Quote Originally Posted by abe12345 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwhiz2k View Post

Not very impressed with TapeMachine. Like the ability to record with the phone off though. That's a big plus. But don't like how it is stuck in landscape mode. Maybe that is just a bug that is getting fixed. Try this: Voice Recorder v2.0.6 Application for Android | Productivity
    That's actually the first one I had.. But the audio quality was bad, with no way to change it. If it had that one feature (ability to change quality/file type), I might have kept it.. The ability to append was another thing I liked about TapeMachine... Voicerecorder records 3GP files @ 8Khz, but TapeMachine records 44.1Khz/16bits, either Wav/Flac/Aiff, which are much better than 3GP if you want to actually edit the files... imho.

Much better for a musician who wants to record song ideas on the go...

the person who started this thread has not responded once to it. i'm just saying
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post
    the person who started this thread has not responded once to it. i'm just saying
    hahahha thats fine. im always looking at this thread now for better apps. im sure others are as well.

8. Podcast Manger> I have had Doggcatcher since about a week after I first got an Android phone, tried all others, nothing compares. Worth the price, try it for a day. A little complex but once you figure it out you can navigate easily.

1. unlock
    2. slacker
    3. mbackup
    4. yellowbook
    5. ak notepad
    6. history eraser
    7. keeper (although keyboard input is flakey)

If I had holidays on my calendar, I would have to buy someone something.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Re: List of "Best In Class" apps?

I use ustream for streaming video, its really good

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links