List of "Best In Class" apps?

This is a discussion on List of "Best In Class" apps? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Previous phone was an iphone and it simply took lots of time, trying, reading, etc for me to be of the belief that I had ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: List of "Best In Class" apps?

List of "Best In Class" apps?

Previous phone was an iphone and it simply took lots of time, trying, reading, etc for me to be of the belief that I had the best apps for the task I wanted. The idea of simply trying as many apps like that again or trying to weed out useful info on the web about apps is daunting. I was wondering if I could get peoples' ideas of what apps are "best in class" for the following app classes:

1. RSS reader that syncs with Google Reader (Reader web app doesn't count here)

2. VNC app (or RDP if that's what you use).

3. Notes app

4. Sports scores app

5. Radio streaming app (by this I mean an app that lets you listen to "real" radio stations from around the country/world... not internet music radio)

6. App to stream media (audio/video/pictures) from home computer

7. VoIP app

8. Podcast manager/player app (would love to find one that has a 2x speed playbak feature)

9. Wikipedia app (I tried one already and it was horrible compared to even the wikipedia website on the browser).

10. A Wake-on-LAN/WAN app. Figured I'd throw this in there, need an app to send wake packets to my home PC to wake it from sleep.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by ellesshoo View Post
    Previous phone was an iphone and it simply took lots of time, trying, reading, etc for me to be of the belief that I had the best apps for the task I wanted. The idea of simply trying as many apps like that again or trying to weed out useful info on the web about apps is daunting. I was wondering if I could get peoples' ideas of what apps are "best in class" for the following app classes:

2. VNC app (or RDP if that's what you use).

3. Notes app

4. Sports scores app

5. Radio streaming app (by this I mean an app that lets you listen to "real" radio stations from around the country/world... not internet music radio)

6. App to stream media (audio/video/pictures) from home computer

7. VoIP app

8. Podcast manager/player app (would love to find one that has a 2x speed playbak feature)

9. Wikipedia app (I tried one already and it was horrible compared to even the wikipedia website on the browser).

10. A Wake-on-LAN/WAN app. Figured I'd throw this in there, need an app to send wake packets to my home PC to wake it from sleep.
    Note App - 3Banana
    Wikipedia App - ColorDict with Wiki addon.

Not sure if these are the best, but the best I have found.

Quote Originally Posted by ellesshoo View Post

4. Sports scores app

I would think it would be google score board
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

heres mine... added a twitter app:

BEST IN CLASS APPS.

1. twitter - twitter (official twitter app)
    2. notes - springpad, 3banana (runner-up)
    3. RSS reader - NONE, (possible candidate but not quite there yet) feedsquares

Trapster. First thing I do when I get in the car is turn on the trapster app.

Can any one recommend a decent calendar app?

Quote Originally Posted by Nager View Post
    Google Calendar!
    Jason
    Nexus One

[QUOTE=ellesshoo;57270]

4. Sports scores app
    7. VoIP app

1. NewsRob (free or pro)
    4. ScoreMobile
    7. nothing good enough exists yet!

Quote Originally Posted by pricej636 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nager View Post
    Google Calendar!
    Google calendar is great. I use it often. Only wish they would have an option that puts all holidays on the calendar automatically, or better yet, give you the option to check which holidays you want included. I'm surprised they don't have this option. Currently I don't see such an option, and not sure if it is possible do program it in myself on some holidays, holidays where it is the first Friday of a certain month for example, don't seem to be programmable in the calendar settings. But if you know the date, like February 14th, then you can program that in as a recurring event.

Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    heres mine... added a twitter app:

BEST IN CLASS APPS.

1. twitter - twitter (official twitter app)
    2. notes - springpad, 3banana (runner-up)
    3. RSS reader - NONE, (possible candidate but not quite there yet) feedsquares
    Thanks for the springpad suggestion. I didn't know about it. It seems better than 3banana.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links