problem with official twitter app

This is a discussion on problem with official twitter app within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; You might just have to set your device to allow twitter to sync in your device settings. I actually had the opposite problem. I had ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: problem with official twitter app

You might just have to set your device to allow twitter to sync in your device settings.

I actually had the opposite problem. I had my device set to not allow twitter to sync, but my twitter settings overrode it and was still syncing :P

Quote Originally Posted by Xy()niX View Post
    You might just have to set your device to allow twitter to sync in your device settings.

I actually had the opposite problem. I had my device set to not allow twitter to sync, but my twitter settings overrode it and was still syncing :P
    Whenever I see a sync option I always disable it. I made the mistake once of leaving it on and when I logged into facebook suddenly my phone contact list went ballistic. Somehow it thought that I wanted my facebook friends in my phone contact list. So I don't want it happening again. Maybe for twitter it's different. Not sure, don't trust it.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Why can't I uninstall this dam twitter app. I need help? Please

Quote Originally Posted by BayRican View Post
    Why can't I uninstall this dam twitter app. I need help? Please
    Same here, and reading the comments on it on the market we're not alone. I've tried 3 different uninstaller apps and none can get rid of it. Two of them showed Twitter but had the uninstall button greyed out. The other one didn't even show Twitter in the list of apps. It seems that Twitter developers don't read the market comments or don't care. So it'll just sit on our phones using up space forever more.
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

It sucks I keep having to clear data because the app keeps growing in size. Can't wait to just get rid of it.

Try to disable the twitter sync in the app itself and in the android settings.
    still no uninstall possible?
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

Quote Originally Posted by xPatriicK View Post
    Try to disable the twitter sync in the app itself and in the android settings.
    still no uninstall possible?
    I never ever allowed it to sync, right from the start I had it disabled. I learned my lesson from facebook because it screwed up my phone contacts list by adding hundreds of people from FB. I didn't want it doing that with twitter people too.

I did and it automatically removed it from the contacts after disabling the twittercontactsyncthing

Quote Originally Posted by xPatriicK View Post
    I did and it automatically removed it from the contacts after disabling the twittercontactsyncthing
    Can you uninstall Twitter now though ?

I uninstalled it once and it worked.
    Didn't try since then and I'm too lazy to uninstall and install it again since I use it sometimes. Well, I think I'll uninstall it soon and post here if it worked or not.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links