problem with official twitter app

This is a discussion on problem with official twitter app within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Anyone else using it? I setup a suitable notification sound, turned on trackball notification, set the refresh frequency to 5 minutes and leave the app ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: problem with official twitter app

problem with official twitter app

Anyone else using it? I setup a suitable notification sound, turned on trackball notification, set the refresh frequency to 5 minutes and leave the app running. Nothing ever happens. I never see or hear any notification of new tweets. When I go back to the app and touch on the refresh icon, then I'll get all the tweets since the last time I refreshed (and I'll see timestamps of "5 minutes ago", "10 minutes ago", "45 minutes ago" etc). All those tweets should each (in my opinion) have resulted in a trackball blink and a playback of my chosen notification sound but that never happens.

Anyone getting notified ?

Twitter Blog: Twitter for Android: Robots like to share too
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I switched to Twicca. Love it!

Ive never had a problem with it, mines set to hourly notifications though

Quote Originally Posted by uksteve84 View Post
    Ive never had a problem with it, mines set to hourly notifications though
    ...and is it working for you the way I expect it to for me? For example, every new tweet by someone that you're following results in a notification sound and/or trackball blink.
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    I switched to Twicca. Love it!
    Trying out Twicca now. It looks nice and seems to have all the right options. Let's see if it notifies me as I've set it to on the next tweet

Very disappointed with the official twitter app not auto-refreshing/notifying. Now it won't even uninstall.

The official Twitter App notifications are working for me.. oh wait. It might be TrackballAlert which notifies me.. but well, I have a tip for people who miss the native retweet style like "RT @xPatriicK {Text}"
    cough
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

Twicca is working fine. I hear a tweet sound when a tweet arrives and the trackball blinks blue. That's all I wanted, but official twitter app couldn't deliver (and still won't allow me to uninstall it).

Twicca is the best. I've tried them all, always return to Twicca

My fav is Seesmic. They've made a lot of improvements lately and basically added all my feature requests (which were similar to a lot of other people's requests).

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    My fav is Seesmic. They've made a lot of improvements lately and basically added all my feature requests (which were similar to a lot of other people's requests).
    I tried Seesmic on windows a long time ago (I think). If Twicca starts to bug me I'll give it a try on my phone too. So far though Twicca does all I need (which isn't much compared to a lot of twitter users I guess).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links