Misaligned app names

This is a discussion on Misaligned app names within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I did a search for my problem but did not find a topic, sorry if there is one. My problem is on my apps screen ...

Thread: Misaligned app names

Misaligned app names

I did a search for my problem but did not find a topic, sorry if there is one. My problem is on my apps screen all the names of each app is off to the side vs. the icons. So if you are looking at all the icons the names under each icons are to the right and I can only make out 1 or 2 letters of its name, does anyone hve a fix?
    Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

this happens to me and i dont know why. a simple restat of the phone fixes it.

Yeah restart works but it's reoccurring. Thanks

Wow, I've never seen or heard of this. Would love to see a screenshot. I'm assuming this is on stock 2.1 and you're talking about the launcher (not just a regular screen)

Do you have a lot of apps installed? Maybe it's having trouble rendering them all quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Wow, I've never seen or heard of this. Would love to see a screenshot. I'm assuming this is on stock 2.1 and you're talking about the launcher (not just a regular screen)

Do you have a lot of apps installed? Maybe it's having trouble rendering them all quickly.

This happened to me yesterday. The launcher was totally FUBAR. But there was also problems with the home screen alignment. If I added a new app to a home screen it would appear to snap to a grid slightly lower than the rest of my existing icons. A restart fixed it but it's just another bug in a very long list of what's supposed to be the reference hardware running the reference software. ridiculous.

I have seen and run into this issue myself atleast two times since I've had my phone which is going on probably 2 weeks. I figure its some odd ball bug. It doesn't effect the phone in any way but can be annoying when trying to find an app (unless you know what it is by the picture). Like others said... a quick reset (on, off, and on again) does the trick. I also noticed (as well as a buddy at my work who owns a Nexus One) that sometimes when trying to open the pictures to view them (using a 16GB microsd card class 6) I get a message saying nothing was found (not exact words). This doesn't happen often but has happened a few times as well. To fix the issue when I exit the pictures and then open it again that usually solves the problem. The Android O/S still has a few bugs that I hope will be fixed with 2.2 and while they aren't major they are still there. Now... where is my Froyo!? I hope Google starts to send out the OTA soon.

Re: Misaligned app names

I had this problem with my g1 too. Haven't had it on 2.2 on my nexus yet

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

JFYI-I've been d/l'ing and playing/deleting MANY apps the past few days, and have not had this issue since updating to RC FroYo...I think it's fixed bug from 2.1.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links