K9 Mail - Help for a new guy!

This is a discussion on K9 Mail - Help for a new guy! within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I grabbed K9 Mail as soon as I got my Nexus as I had heard it was a good app for Android, and coming from ...

Thread: K9 Mail - Help for a new guy!

K9 Mail - Help for a new guy!

I grabbed K9 Mail as soon as I got my Nexus as I had heard it was a good app for Android, and coming from WinMo where I used my pop mail account with no issues, I wanted to replicate that feeling.

I have to say I love it! Great app, however I am having a problem with one area which I am hoping somebody out there has experienced and can help me through it.

When I read an email on K9 it no longer appears anywhere in my inbox. I can't find it again. The K-9 settings aren't set to delete anything from the server and when I use my home machine and pull down my emails the email is still there. Is there a setting within K-9 to show all read-unread messages and not make the ones I read "disappear"?? I sincerely hope so.

Oh and the one thing I have tried is the folder lists and the like...everything is set to show everything so there should be no problems there.

Any help greatly appreciated!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Has nobody got an answer? I have found a temporary solution by using IMAP....strangely this works where POP doesn't....perhaps K9 got POP and IMAP functionality switched!

All I want to know is how I can receive emails on my device from my ISP without removing them from the server or handset when read....WinMo did this with ease...mail client and K9 seem to mark as read on the server regardless of what I do...unless I use IMAP

Lotsa IMAP folks (?)

My guess is that most of the K9 users are IMAP folks (I know I am).

Never set up POP on K9, sorry. Glad you found a workaround!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links