What is the best app. to hide folders,videos, & thumbnails?

This is a discussion on What is the best app. to hide folders,videos, & thumbnails? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; What is the best app. to hide folders,videos, & thumbnails in your gallery?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: What is the best app. to hide folders,videos, & thumbnails?

  1. #1
    Senior Member coldfusionb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    215

    Question What is the best app. to hide folders,videos, & thumbnails?

    What is the best app. to hide folders,videos, & thumbnails in your gallery?
    One Nexus To Rule Them All!

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Banned connorsj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4
    You should not need a specific app to hide images in the gallery. Just put the images in a folder that starts with a "." for example ".images". The gallery will not show anything from a folder that starts with a ".".

    You can do this easily with a file management app such as astro.

  4. #3
    Senior Member coldfusionb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by connorsj View Post
    You should not need a specific app to hide images in the gallery. Just put the images in a folder that starts with a "." for example ".images". The gallery will not show anything from a folder that starts with a ".".

    You can do this easily with a file management app such as astro.
    I just tried this. Now the pic. Don't show up in the file management app but are still in gallery.
    One Nexus To Rule Them All!

  5. #4
    Banned connorsj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4
    Well I'm not sure. I have a folder in the root of the sdcard called .data where I put anything that I want to hide from the gallery the folder is;

    /sdcard/.data

    I have videos clips and images in here and they are not shown in the "Gallery" app.

  6. #5
    Senior Member coldfusionb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by connorsj View Post
    Well I'm not sure. I have a folder in the root of the sdcard called .data where I put anything that I want to hide from the gallery the folder is;

    /sdcard/.data

    I have videos clips and images in here and they are not shown in the "Gallery" app.
    Don't no what happened folder is gone pictures are still in gallery.
    One Nexus To Rule Them All!

  7. #6
    Junior Member juicedigital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by coldfusionb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by connorsj View Post
    Well I'm not sure. I have a folder in the root of the sdcard called .data where I put anything that I want to hide from the gallery the folder is;

    /sdcard/.data

    I have videos clips and images in here and they are not shown in the "Gallery" app.
    Don't no what happened folder is gone pictures are still in gallery.
    Did you reboot afterward? If not, try that.

    I use a paid app called PhotoVault that lets you choose which pictures are hidden and which aren't - the developer also has a separate app for videos.

  8. #7
    Senior Member iPhoneSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    Put the files that you want hidden in a folder. Then add a file called .nomedia in the same folder. Search for .nomedia in your file manager app like Astro. Some apps have this file to prevent pics from showing up in the gallery.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

  9. #8
    Senior Member coldfusionb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by juicedigital View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by coldfusionb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by connorsj View Post
    Well I'm not sure. I have a folder in the root of the sdcard called .data where I put anything that I want to hide from the gallery the folder is;

    /sdcard/.data

    I have videos clips and images in here and they are not shown in the "Gallery" app.
    Don't no what happened folder is gone pictures are still in gallery.
    Did you reboot afterward? If not, try that.

    I use a paid app called PhotoVault that lets you choose which pictures are hidden and which aren't - the developer also has a separate app for videos.
    Just rebooted now pic. Are gone from gallery and folder is no ware to be found. Good thing they were backup on pc.
    One Nexus To Rule Them All!

  10. #9
    Senior Member coldfusionb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    215
    Just figured it out thanks for all your help.
    One Nexus To Rule Them All!

  11. #10
    Senior Member Luq07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    149
    I use Videosafe. Password protected, don't show up in Gallery. You can easily move videos between public and private. Photosafe is the corresponding photo app. I used them on my iphone and was happy to see them in the Android market when I switched.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

android app to hide folders
,
android hiding files no thumbnail
,

android porn videos

,
google videos
,

hidden porn apps

,

hide porn android

,

hide porn on android

,
hide porn on phone
,
hide thumbnails on my android
,
hiding porn nexus 7 sd card
,
how to hide porn android
,

how to hide porn on android

,
how to hide porn videos on my phone
,
porn vid folder in android
,
porno hise
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum