Transferring New pictures to Computer when taken?

This is a discussion on Transferring New pictures to Computer when taken? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Trying to find a good app or method for doing this besides plugging in the phone and ripping them off manually. I am moving from ...

Thread: Transferring New pictures to Computer when taken?

Transferring New pictures to Computer when taken?

Trying to find a good app or method for doing this besides plugging in the phone and ripping them off manually.

I am moving from a N97 and a N96 before that and they had the OVI Suite, i would connect via Bluetooth to the suite on my tablet before leaving (with the tablet in my bag) and take pictures all day, but as i did the suite would monitor the camera folder and download the new pictures in order to create a time-line of taken pictures but i could rip the pictures from the suite to add to my website and blog without touching the phone!

Does anyone know of an app or way of doing this as i am now almost doubling my postings and updates but have to manually send the pictures via bluetooth or USB and its taking too much time to do not to mention getting the tablet out of my bag and the cables

Any help would be appreciated
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Install Dropbox to your phone and computer. Then add your camera folder to the app. It will sync to the dropbox server and it will appear on your computer.

Works awesome.

wow that sounds perfect, how do i do that ?

step by step if possible please :P

EDIT: are you talking about manually adding the new images to the dropbox account when taken ? or are you talking about having the actual camera folder found in the dropbox account and anything new added it shared ? i have dropbox but cant seem to add anything like what you suggested xD
    NEXUS ONE

NOTION INK ADAM
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    wow that sounds perfect, how do i do that ?

step by step if possible please :P

EDIT: are you talking about manually adding the new images to the dropbox account when taken ? or are you talking about having the actual camera folder found in the dropbox account and anything new added it shared ? i have dropbox but cant seem to add anything like what you suggested xD
    Ok. It's not perfect but it works:

1. Go to dropbox.com and create a free account. Install the application to your computer and set up a space where you want the shared/sync dropbox folder

2. Go to market and install dropbox.

3. Sign in to dropbox android with your account info that you created in step 1

4. In the app create a folder called Nexus Camera or something like that.

5. Go to market and install Astro file manager

Now here is where I wish you could select which folders on the SD card you want synced in Dropbox but right now you can't.

Solution:

A. Open up Astro File Manager.

B. Go to /sdcard/DCIM/Camera

C. Select the Multi Icon to enable multiple file select

D. Copy or cut the selected files to /sdcard/dropbox/Nexus Camera

E. Open up your dropbox app on your phone and BOOM it will upload and sync (do it on wifi)

I usually just click "share" when I take a pic, and then just send it to my email. That way I always have it in the "cloud" too if I ever need it somewhere. Once emailed it can be transfered to the computer by one click save.

Re: Transferring New pictures to Computer when taken?

Yes but both methods are manual transfers, my old method was automatic, dropbox are implimenting a watch folder outside the native dropbox folder that will solve the problem but the last update on that feature was a year ago so am looking for alternative ideas atm
    NEXUS ONE

NOTION INK ADAM
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/