SlingPlayer Mobile for Android $30 AVAILABLE NOW

This is a discussion on SlingPlayer Mobile for Android $30 AVAILABLE NOW within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I've wanted the slingbox for a long time. I'm pumped that it is now available for our N1's, but I can see this excitement quickly ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SlingPlayer Mobile for Android $30 AVAILABLE NOW

What about possible data caps from T-mobile?

I've wanted the slingbox for a long time. I'm pumped that it is now available for our N1's, but I can see this excitement quickly fading if T-mobile follows AT&T's lead and gets rid of the unlimited data plan. I'd imagine you'd run up your data limit pretty quickly over 3G. I know you can use it on WiFi w/o running up data, but who cares about that. When I'm home, I'd just watch on my TV.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? Any articles floating around regarding T-mobile's stance? It would suck to spend a bunch of money on the slingbox only to find out a week later T-mo has imposed data caps.

Is it in the market now? Cause i cant seem to find it

Quote Originally Posted by chris6278 View Post
    Is it in the market now? Cause i cant seem to find it
    Not sure why not? I just did a search on slingbox and found it in the Market.

Do u have 2.2 cause i know the apps are missing for ppl who is running 2.2? I still cant find it

Could you possibly send me a link or something? Id really appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by chris6278 View Post
    Do u have 2.2 cause i know the apps are missing for ppl who is running 2.2? I still cant find it
    Chris, that's really odd that you can't find it
    I'm still on 2.1. I don't think I can send a link from the market.

$30? LOL!:rofl3:
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I do not have Sling, but I just checked out their website. So I have to first buy one of their box for around $200 (pro hd). then still have to shell out $30 for an app? The app should come free along with the box!

On the other hand, I like the idea and how I would be able to watch tv anywhere there is an good & fast internet connection. I wonder how the quality would be over 3g and how fast it drains the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by shizane101 View Post
    I've wanted the slingbox for a long time. I'm pumped that it is now available for our N1's, but I can see this excitement quickly fading if T-mobile follows AT&T's lead and gets rid of the unlimited data plan. I'd imagine you'd run up your data limit pretty quickly over 3G. I know you can use it on WiFi w/o running up data, but who cares about that. When I'm home, I'd just watch on my TV.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? Any articles floating around regarding T-mobile's stance? It would suck to spend a bunch of money on the slingbox only to find out a week later T-mo has imposed data caps.
    T-mo has alot of ground to cover to increase customer base, it will be a long time before you see caps on T-mobile or Sprint for that matter. AT&T and Verizon are going toward caps almost out of necessity for their network strain, a problem T-mo and Sprint don't have.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Re: SlingPlayer Mobile for Android $30 AVAILABLE NOW

I can't find it either boo boo two point two lol

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    my other phone's a nexus too

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links