SlingPlayer Mobile for Android $30 AVAILABLE NOW

This is a discussion on SlingPlayer Mobile for Android $30 AVAILABLE NOW within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by safeplayer22 I do not have Sling, but I just checked out their website. So I have to first buy one of their ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SlingPlayer Mobile for Android $30 AVAILABLE NOW

Quote Originally Posted by safeplayer22 View Post
    I do not have Sling, but I just checked out their website. So I have to first buy one of their box for around $200 (pro hd). then still have to shell out $30 for an app? The app should come free along with the box!

On the other hand, I like the idea and how I would be able to watch tv anywhere there is an good & fast internet connection. I wonder how the quality would be over 3g and how fast it drains the battery.
    Wow...that is a lot of money just to be able to watch TV anywhere. If there's a show that I have to watch, I'll just DVR it or download it from a newsbin and watch it on my computer.
    But to each his own. Looks like a popular app so I guess many people find it useful.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

anyone know where to get a decent priced slingbox at?

Quote Originally Posted by astros148 View Post
    anyone know where to get a decent priced slingbox at?
    The place where you can get most things cheap(er)...fleabay..i mean ebay

ive had slingbox solo for 3 years and i would love it on my n1

Slingbox is quite a bit cooler than some of you might think. For those that travel it is pretty valuable tool. You can simply login and control your whole entertainment setup. play your DVDs, watch live TV, watch your DVRed shows and movies, anything really and watch it live on your laptop or phone.
    Computers are obviously universal so if you have a laptop and internet you can do this all free with a box, as far as $30 app, well i don't figure you have a ton of Android users and you had to put a full dev team to make you a program, that according to others is pretty flawless thats just what you have to do sometimes. I bet some of the slingbox owners would rather have a choice to pay $30 to have this wireless capability than to not have an option at all. Id pay $30 right now for unlimited access for ever to Hulu on my N1...
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

I'm also on 2.2 (FRF72) and cannot find the app on the market...FAIL!

I knew that had to be the reason why i cant find it in the market i really hope the official ota fixes that cause im missin quite a few apps that i paid for

Official Froyo WILL fix this availability issue...those of us running the RC Froyos don't have the security footprint that 2.1 and official Froyo will have.

anyone know if it is worth paying the extra 100 for the hd slingbox?

I'd say that if you're only going to use it on your phone, probably not. However, if you plan on using your laptop or even PC, then it just might be. I know I'm not inclined to replace my Slingbox Pro with the HD; I'm just feeding the component outs of my DVR into the HD adapter of the Pro. It doesn't stream HD, but it does a pretty damn good job, and maintains the aspect ratio.

That's from a guy who's already invested...I might well think differently if I were buying now for the first time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links