Facebook picture saving problem

This is a discussion on Facebook picture saving problem within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey guys... I tried finding answers for this on the google/nexusone forums, but absolutely no luck at all. Hoping one of you can help. Ok, ...

Thread: Facebook picture saving problem

Facebook picture saving problem

Hey guys...

I tried finding answers for this on the google/nexusone forums, but absolutely no luck at all. Hoping one of you can help.

Ok, so it seems as though after i installed 2.2 I can't seem to select the "set as" option when I'm viewing any pictures on the facebook app. This was a very useful feature when setting contact icons, but now I don't have this option.

So my question is: is anyone else experiencing this?
    Can someone with 2.1 test this out and see if theirs still works? Or am i dreaming here?

I'm thinking this is either a bug with 2.2 and the FB app integration or FB has managed to screw up another useful feature.

Any ideas?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If your N1 is Rooted you could use a Screenshot app like ShootMe to take a pic of whatever is on your screen.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

thanks sliceburgslim...
    phone isn't rooted though.
    this function i mentioned USED to work fine... just trying to figure out how to get it working again... if that's even possible.

technically i could use the browser to log into facebook mobile, then find the picture, save it, go into the gallery and then "set as"... but the point is: that's way too tedious. the method i described above was a lovely feature. why 2.2 or the fb app would do away with it is beyond me...

Still works on my AT&T Nexus One with Android 2.1

Oops, there is an update to the Facebook App, new one is 1.2. Installed it... and "Set as" still shows up.

Have you looked in Gallery to see if there is a way to get your Facebook pics into there?
    :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Yeah I applied the update to the facebook app as well, and no change. Must be a glitch with 2.2 or facebook needs to update their app for 2.2
    Only way to get any facebook pics into the gallery is to log into facebook thru the web browser, find the pic, then save it.... which is a pain in the ass....lol

Guess I'll have to try and report the problem to facebook. I don't know if google is paying attention, or has time to considering they have bigger issues...like releasing the official OTA.

Thanks!!

mine is syncing but not all contact pics are syncing with my phones contacts... dont know why ?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links