Froyo FRF83 No BFD

This is a discussion on Froyo FRF83 No BFD within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I hope FRF83 is far from the final product. Stock music player is still fubar'd, automatically running on top of MixZing against my will while ...

Thread: Froyo FRF83 No BFD

Froyo FRF83 No BFD

I hope FRF83 is far from the final product.

Stock music player is still fubar'd, automatically running on top of MixZing against my will while car docked. People still complain that the call breaks up even though I hear them well. 3G is still super slooow. Once a day wifi bugs out on me.

I'd trade a fix for those over tethering or trackball lights any day.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by funbunzsf View Post
    1.) People still complain that the call breaks up even though I hear them well.
    2.) 3G is still super slooow.
    3.) Once a day wifi bugs out on me.
    I would venture to say that these 3 issues are carrier related, not the Android OS build.

I wouldn't. Music player, Bluetooth, wifi are carrier related?

Whenever I get reception complaints on a call, I switch to my Tmobile RAZR V8 (separate line) and problem goes away.

well 3g being super slow and wifi problem are more than likely a problem with your carrier and modem/router.
    i nor do many people have these issues.
    Your mixzing deal seems to stem from a config problem or an app issue.
    I nor do many people have these issues. For example I can stream Pandora while car docked and my music player doesn't come on. In fact in my car my blutooth will control my music player while in a normal state, but will control Pandora or any other music player when that is launched instead as if it knows the priority...

so ya I would agree its not your OS.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

May be a long shot but I had the same problem with people saying my voice faded or disappeared during calls but I could hear them fine.
    Turns out, as i held the phone in my left hand, thumb to the left, fingers to the right and little finger supporting the base of the phone, I was blocking the mic at the base, that simple.
    Altered the way I hold the phone, keeping my pinkie away from the base, issue solved.
    Hope its that simple for you too.

Ok, you both bring up valid points. I'll dig into the possible config issues.

Never thought about that mic placement, I'll investigate my phone holding pattern next time I get a complaint. For a minute there I thought you were gonna feed my a line from Steve "you're holding it wrong" Jobs!

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by peejayw View Post
    May be a long shot but I had the same problem with people saying my voice faded or disappeared during calls but I could hear them fine.
    Turns out, as i held the phone in my left hand, thumb to the left, fingers to the right and little finger supporting the base of the phone, I was blocking the mic at the base, that simple.
    Altered the way I hold the phone, keeping my pinkie away from the base, issue solved.
    Hope its that simple for you too.
    You're brilliant! This has been bugging me for weeks! I was hoping that Froyo would fix the problem, but it didn't. Then I thought maybe it was Google Voice. Nope, it was my stupid pinkie finger. I'm so glad I saw this post. Thanks for sharing.

Sadly this didn't fix the call quality issue for me. Mic is not being covered, and the complaints are that words are cutting out although I hear them just fine.

I have to keep my other Tmo line active until this gets resolved. I'm on FRF91 now.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links