Google Talk - messages are grouped together

This is a discussion on Google Talk - messages are grouped together within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello All I have been using the Nexus one for the past few days. Since yesterday, messages in talk are grouped together instead of being ...

Thread: Google Talk - messages are grouped together

Google Talk - messages are grouped together

Hello All
    I have been using the Nexus one for the past few days. Since yesterday, messages in talk are grouped together instead of being show like a conversation.

MyFriend sends msg 1 and then I reply back and then he sends msg 2 and so on...

Here's how it looks:
    MyFriend: msg 1
    MyFriend: msg 2
    MyFriend: msg 3
    MyFriend: msg 4
    ME: got 1
    ME: got 2
    ME: got 3
    ME: got 4

Here's how I want it to look and it used to be like this:
    MyFriend: msg 1
    ME: got 1
    MyFriend: msg 2
    ME: got 2
    MyFriend: msg 3
    ME: got 3
    MyFriend: msg 4
    ME: got 4

It used to work fine and I have not touched any settings to change this.. not sure what went wrong. Help pls!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sometimes that happens to me when I have a bad connection (i think). And then it just fixes itself...weird

Thanks for the reply. Glad to know that I am not alone.
    Do you do anything special to fix it or do you just wait for it to fix itself??

I would have to eliminate 'bad connection'. It has been consistently happening for me all day.. I am on wifi and sit close to the router.

I found more details on the issue. It seems to be a time thingy.. see this link
    Issue 6434 - android - Google Talk Messages Out of Order - Project Hosting on Google Code

My phone is set to read time from the network, recently it changed to a wrong time for some reason. So I unchecked the option to update time from the network. I think this is when the issue with gtalk started. Now I have enabled network time and the messages appear in order.. Hope it stays this way.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links