Amazon kindle for Android now available

This is a discussion on Amazon kindle for Android now available within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Amazon kindle Is now available for Android. Go to market from N1....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon kindle for Android now available

Amazon kindle for Android now available

Amazon kindle Is now available for Android.

Go to market from N1.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Kindle not in Market

I am in Viet Nam and I can find the new kindle app in the market does anyone have a APK file or how else I can get it I have been waiting for this. Thanks

Junior Member AndroidFan_nexusone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lionsson View Post
    Amazon kindle Is now available for Android.

Go to market from N1.
    I couldn't be happier! It was the only thing my N1 was missing. I downloaded ti as soon as I read the announcement.

Great, now Amazon can rip us all off like it rips off it's Kindle users with virtual book prices that are barely even discounted from their paper counterparts. We should be paying less than 50% of the book price for virtual books.

Glad I can't read :D
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    Great, now Amazon can rip us all off like it rips off it's Kindle users with virtual book prices that are barely even discounted from their paper counterparts. We should be paying less than 50% of the book price for virtual books.

They were at first. Then publishers threatened to stop distributing through Amazon.

Yeah I'm trying it out now, not bad. For those wanting to try Kindle ebooks without paying (self included) just type free in the search box several freebies or 99 cent deals.
    Look ma! I'm a super moderator, my life has purpose now. :butt1:

Quote Originally Posted by fiercefire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post

They were at first. Then publishers threatened to stop distributing through Amazon.
    It totally sucks. It results in situations like [ame="http://www.amazon.com/My-Booky-Wook-Memoir-Stand-Up/dp/0061857807/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274035362&sr=1-1"]this[/ame], where the hardback is $17.15, the kindle file is $13.33, and the paperback is $10.19. So apparently it costs more to serve up a file from a server (probably 1 cent) than it does to print on a few hundred pieces of paper, glue them together, and deliver them on trucks/trains from the publishers to Amazon's warehouse.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

I got the app and started using it, but I felt compelled to change the screen settings to white on black (as opposed to black on white), and also turned brightness down. Does anyone else feel like reading for hours would consume the battery too much?

Quote Originally Posted by jlishere View Post
    I got the app and started using it, but I felt compelled to change the screen settings to white on black (as opposed to black on white), and also turned brightness down. Does anyone else feel like reading for hours would consume the battery too much?
    I did exactly this...far less light and power consumption..the phone stays cool for several hours of reading (Ayn Rand's 'Anthem').

Junior Member AndroidFan_nexusone's Avatar
    I went with the sepia theme myself.

Does anyone else have a messed up icon for Kindle on their phone? Mine is way off center and only reads "Kin". The app seems to be working ok, I was just wondering if anyone else had a strange looking icon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links