LauncherPro

This is a discussion on LauncherPro within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Dmstarr Does LP work on Froyo? I was using ADW and now that and Home++ don't seem to work. Any insight? Home ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: LauncherPro

Quote Originally Posted by Dmstarr View Post
    Does LP work on Froyo? I was using ADW and now that and Home++ don't seem to work. Any insight?
    Home ++ works just fine on Froyo - I'm using it.

Another new updates with a few new features.
    More options! I don't use the "press the home button for preview of all my homescreens". now I can disable that and use the option of pressing the home button to "hide/unhide the status bar" or do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by safeplayer22 View Post
    Another new updates with a few new features.
    More options! I don't use the "press the home button for preview of all my homescreens". now I can disable that and use the option of pressing the home button to "hide/unhide the status bar" or do nothing.
    I implemented that this morning too.

I would highly recommend getting "Quick Desk Beta" to compliment this launcher. Quick Desk a an app that lets you manage multitasking better. (I know there is a thread on the app already). so I won't go into details on how it works, but I use it everyday.

I would highly recommend getting "Quick Desk Beta" to compliment this launcher. Quick Desk a an app that lets you manage multitasking better. (I know there is a thread on the app already). so I won't go into details on how it works, but I use it everyday.
    Quick Desk is a life saver. I've had it for a couple of weeks and it makes things so much easier. It seems like every time I'm on the web I need to remember a password, so double click home button and bam, password keeper front and center. Keeps me from having to exit and go back.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, or if its even happening to anyone else.

I have some of my apps saved to my SD card, but whenever I put a shortcut on one of my home screens for one of these apps the icon gets set to a default icon (default as in an icon that's just a picture of the little Android guy with the word "Android" above it), but even worse I cannot find these apps in my app drawer! In order to get them back I have to re-save them to my phone and reset the phone.

Is this happening to anyone else? Or...

Quote Originally Posted by evolution209 View Post
    Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, or if its even happening to anyone else.

I have some of my apps saved to my SD card, but whenever I put a shortcut on one of my home screens for one of these apps the icon gets set to a default icon, but even worse I cannot find these apps in my app drawer! In order to get them back I have to re-save them to my phone and reset the phone.

Yes it happens to me too. I don't get the default Android icon when I use a shortcut, but when I restart my phone I do. They don't show up in the drawer either for me. I have to do the "press on homescreen and select shortcut" method. Very annoying when I have to do it for 10 icons. First delete the generic one, and then put it back to get the correct one. I don't know if it's a LP problem, or a "save to sd" problem. I haven't checked it on plain 2.2 with no launcher, so I can't confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post
    Yes it happens to me too. I don't get the default Android icon when I use a shortcut, but when I restart my phone I do. They don't show up in the drawer either for me. I have to do the "press on homescreen and select shortcut" method. Very annoying when I have to do it for 10 icons. First delete the generic one, and then put it back to get the correct one. I don't know if it's a LP problem, or a "save to sd" problem. I haven't checked it on plain 2.2 with no launcher, so I can't confirm.
    Glad to see I'm not the only one having this problem. I can confirm that this doesn't happen with 2.2 (Build FRF91) with no LP because I had these same icons saved to SD before I got LP and I had no problem with it before (that and I reverted back to the default launcher and the icons show up there).

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution209 View Post

I have some of my apps saved to my SD card, but whenever I put a shortcut on one of my home screens for one of these apps the icon gets set to a default icon, but even worse I cannot find these apps in my app drawer! In order to get them back I have to re-save them to my phone and reset the phone.

I noticed this from time to time. The simple fix is to use LauncherPro's menu>preferences>Restart LauncherPro which fixes it right up.

I tried Quick Desk Beta, read through the step by step three times and could not get it to work for me. Can anyone shed some more basic than provided instructions on this? I'm curious to try but I could just not get it to work, no matter what I set as the default, I kept getting a "because you set this...this will not work correctly" type messages.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links