skype or another VOIP app on N1

This is a discussion on skype or another VOIP app on N1 within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello I just bought my N1. I thought I could find skype on the apps market but I couldn't. At the skype website, the N1 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: skype or another VOIP app on N1

skype or another VOIP app on N1

Hello

I just bought my N1. I thought I could find skype on the apps market but I couldn't. At the skype website, the N1 is not listed between the phones that can use Skype Mobile.

Is there Skype for N1? If don't, is there any other apps that work as fine as skype?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You can use Fring and a skype account but I have found the quality nowhere as good as the one on the iphone.

I wish skype would release a full version for android as well

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Vonage has an app.

And isn't Google Voice VOIP capable?
    Androidfied.

Nope, Google Voice just uses a callback number to access the service.

if you want true VoIP with a SIP provider, you can't beat Sipdroid. Well developed, open source, and excellent quality. I think the new version added video calling capability as well.

I heard that the reason we don't get a Skype app is that Verizon has an agreement with Skype and the app only works with Verizon Android phones.

Fring is a good Skype alternative. It even supports video calling.

You guys missed the boat, skype was available for download as a side app a few weeks back. I have it and love it. From what I understand, it is no longer available for download but an app will be here in the future. Try SLIDE IT LITE as a replacement for skype.

Quote Originally Posted by nexus1inAZ View Post
    You guys missed the boat, skype was available for download as a side app a few weeks back. I have it and love it. From what I understand, it is no longer available for download but an app will be here in the future. Try SLIDE IT LITE as a replacement for skype.
    You're thinking of SWYPE (the keyboard/input app). This thread is about SKYPE (the Voice-Over-IP call/chat client).

pmsl :rofl3:

Sorry I missed the VOIP part. There are some important apps that the market needs. Come on devs!

It seems overwhelming at first, but once you graduate to a real sip voip provider you will never look back. I don't even know why I stuck with skype for so long. I get voip from diamondcard.us now. There are sip clients for all platforms, and sipdroid for the nexus works great.

It is cheaper than skype and the minutes don't go stale after a certain amount of time. I use it on wifi abroad to avoid roaming on outgoing calls. The account balance is still there after six months of inactivity.

The downside is that it takes a little more technical expertise than an all-in one program like skype, but the service is better and cheaper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links