Internal memory management?

This is a discussion on Internal memory management? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Thanks Maris, I will give that a shot. I was thinking the same thought as David....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Internal memory management?

Thanks Maris, I will give that a shot. I was thinking the same thought as David.

Hey everyone, just to be on topic. Apps2SD.. does it update apps that is currently moved in the SD? it would suck if it didn't..

I've been using it since the first FRF50 release and it is working for me. When I update apps, it updates them at their location (if on the card, it updates them on the card, if on the phone, it updates them on the phone). Haven't found any glitches yet. You can freely move the apps back and forth from phone to card, and back again. The only caution is if you use an app with widgets, leave that on the phone in order to keep the widget working. If you don't use the widget, then it is OK to move the app to the card. So, if you download an app after doing this, and that app has a widget you want to use, move the app to the phone first and then to a reboot before you load the widget. It isn't necessary to reboot after any other move (from phone/card) just for those with a widget. I noticed this when a widget didn't show up in my widget list after I moved one over. After the reboot, the widget was there and has stayed there ever since (though the latest FRF91).

PS .. if you use LauncherPro, I have noticed that once in a while when I reboot my phone the apps I have on the SD card show a generic icon on the home screen. If I use LauncherPro's settings to restart LauncherPro, all the icons immediately come back to normal. I'm not sure if that is just LP, or if I just need to wait longer, but restarting LP does the trick.

Thanks again Maris. I successfully got it working. I had the missing Windows driver problem, so it took a while to get the SDK installed. I have noticed a couple of apps that didn't have a move to SD option such as a game called Cryptose. But hey, I'm happy to get the space back!

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    PS .. if you use LauncherPro, I have noticed that once in a while when I reboot my phone the apps I have on the SD card show a generic icon on the home screen. If I use LauncherPro's settings to restart LauncherPro, all the icons immediately come back to normal. I'm not sure if that is just LP, or if I just need to wait longer, but restarting LP does the trick.
    I'm having that same problem also.. i'm not sure if its the force apps2sd or LauncherPro but half of my apps are gone missing from the menu. and another weird thing i have is having an app missing in the menu but on the homescreen icon, it still works that way (but if i remove the icon from the desktop i'll never see the app again). I even tried moving apps from sd back to phone and no luck. anyone got a solution or the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Deekayx05 View Post
    I'm having that same problem also.. i'm not sure if its the force apps2sd or LauncherPro but half of my apps are gone missing from the menu. and another weird thing i have is having an app missing in the menu but on the homescreen icon, it still works that way (but if i remove the icon from the desktop i'll never see the app again). I even tried moving apps from sd back to phone and no luck. anyone got a solution or the same problem?
    Your apps are missing from the app drawer? I haven't had that problem. Do you see them using the applications manager from the settings? Maybe you need to restart your phone. Remember, apps with widgets you use should stay on the phone, and certain protected apps cannot be moved to the SD card.

My comment referred to the looks of the icon on my home screen. It was still there but showed up as a generic android icon until I did a restart LauncherPro from LP's menu option, which put everything back in order.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links