Internal memory management?

This is a discussion on Internal memory management? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi guys, well, I have had my new phone since Monday and while I have not gone whole hog on installing apps, I was surprised ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internal memory management?

Internal memory management?

Hi guys, well, I have had my new phone since Monday and while I have not gone whole hog on installing apps, I was surprised to see that I ony had 114 MB of free space on my N1. I downloaded DiskUsage so that I could see how my SD card was being used and I have 3.2GB free. Is there a way to move certain apps to the SD card? Or can you recommend an app to tell me how my internal memory is being used?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Go to settings, applications, manage applications, and then click each app to see if the option to move to SD card is there. You need 2.2 to move to SD though. Mini info is a great app to tell usage.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post
    Go to settings, applications, manage applications, and then click each app to see if the option to move to SD card is there. You need 2.2 to move to SD though. Mini info is a great app to tell usage.
    Apps2SD does that. It's in the market. You don't have to go to each app one by one. It generates a list of apps that can be moved to the sd, then gives you a option of moving it.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post
    Apps2SD does that. It's in the market. You don't have to go to each app one by one. It generates a list of apps that can be moved to the sd, then gives you a option of moving it.
    I searched the market for Apps2SD and it does not come up. Is it for rooted phones maybe?

N1David, I found it under A2SD in the Market, hope that helps.

Bobby and Slayer, thanks for the advice! Out of everything I installed, there were only two apps I could move to the SD card and it free up just a couple of MB. Does the N1 store temporary files much like a PC? I need to find all it's nooks and crannies :-)

I found it Jill, thanks.

cxm
    Yeah thanks for that really useful app. Really ought to be built into android in my opinion. Such a simple thing but so much easier than trying to go through your apps manually to see what can be moved to sd.

App2SD didn't find any movable to SD card apps. It only listed the ones already moved to the SD card. I was hoping it was a "I can move any app to SD card". I have google earth installed and that is a big chunk of my phone memory.

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    App2SD didn't find any movable to SD card apps. It only listed the ones already moved to the SD card. I was hoping it was a "I can move any app to SD card". I have google earth installed and that is a big chunk of my phone memory.

How to force apps to move to the SD card on Froyo the green code blog

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post

How to force apps to move to the SD card on Froyo the green code blog
    Very cool! Thanks Maris.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links