Notification Bar

This is a discussion on Notification Bar within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; You know, I have tried many home alternative apps ADW and Launcher Pro being the best of the best, I always switch between them. But, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Notification Bar

Notification Bar

You know, I have tried many home alternative apps ADW and Launcher Pro being the best of the best, I always switch between them. But, im just dying for a way a developer can create a way to be able to set the opacity level on the notification bar,,,give it that nice clear, glassy look. Im not looking to hide it, just make it transparent it looks so clean like that. How many of you would love to see this option from google in an update or a dev being able to do such thing...of course im speaking of doing it without having to root.

Cheers!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

lol, I was just thinking today of how ugly the notification bar was. It really sticks out like a sore thumb too.

Don't know about LP, but ADW lets you slide the notification bar out of frame. A quick, small flick upward will move it up, off screen, or return it to visible. You have to get the touch just right, but once you do, it's easily done.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Don't know about LP, but ADW lets you slide the notification bar out of frame. A quick, small flick upward will move it up, off screen, or return it to visible. You have to get the touch just right, but once you do, it's easily done.

Yes I am aware of this ADW is pretty awesome nonetheless. However, I don't want to hide it, just make it cleaner, make it have a nice clear, clean glassy look.
    I used to be a theme designer for blackberries and I did all sorts of crazy stuff like that. But when it comes to android I haven't the slighest clue lol.
    But having a white or black (if you have sense) notification bar is good....but clear and transparent is much cleaner.

I agree, and would love to see this happen. But I think I remember someone saying that the notification bar is embedded into the core of the OS. So the only way to change it would be to root and flash a theme on.

there are a plenty of modded notifications bar on the XDA forums... u need metamorph or just flash it....

look there

Budske is right but you need to be rooted running a custom ROM.

If you're not, there is no way to change the notification bar. Google doesn't provide this ability to developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Xy()niX View Post
    lol, I was just thinking today of how ugly the notification bar was. It really sticks out like a sore thumb too.
    It is? I thought it's one of the best features of Android.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

I've heard several former iPhone users comment on the Notification bar...I think it's just a matter of getting used to it. Or, using LauncherPro, make it appear/disappear. I love it, and WeatherBug keeps my current temp posted at a glance and static, for those times when I'm flicking through various screens/apps/navigating,etc.

I love it too, but I don't like the Windows 95 gray color Google chose for it. I think it looks better in black

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links