Track bandwidth & battery

This is a discussion on Track bandwidth & battery within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello. I want to to track which applications are spending my battery and my bandwidth. I'm using Battery Status Pro but it only shows battery ...

Thread: Track bandwidth & battery

Track bandwidth & battery

Hello.

I want to to track which applications are spending my battery and my bandwidth. I'm using Battery Status Pro but it only shows battery status and time left. I also use 3G Watchdog but it doesn't give me WHAT app is spending so much of my battery! Each morninh I have exceeded 200% over my 3G limit but I don't know how.

Are there any apps for this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I must be able to see what apps/services are spending my bandwidth and battery?

But how?

Try Battery Indicator Pro for battery usage, and NetCounter for bandwidth usage. Both in the market.

This is the problem. It only says: "TODAY: 12 MB". It doesn't show which app is downloading this much.

Same with the battery.

For gods sake, this OS is based on Linux, this MUST be possible?

Well, if you go to Settings>About Phone>Battery Use, you'll see what's been using your battery in graphical fashion.

EDIT: A second check shows that this method gets you to the same screen that Battery Indicator takes you to. Why is that screen inadequate to your needs?

I haven't seen anything that reports which apps are using your bandwidth, though. All I need to know is my overall data consumption, not what's using it specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Well, if you go to Settings>About Phone>Battery Use, you'll see what's been using your battery in graphical fashion.

EDIT: A second check shows that this method gets you to the same screen that Battery Indicator takes you to. Why is that screen inadequate to your needs?

I haven't seen anything that reports which apps are using your bandwidth, though. All I need to know is my overall data consumption, not what's using it specifically.
    Well, I go to work and without using my phone, my 3G download limit is exceeded. There is some app/widget in my phone spending all my bandwidth and I need to found out.

Ok I take it this is not possible.

Not that I'm aware of, anyway.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links