Shazam or Soundhound?

This is a discussion on Shazam or Soundhound? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I've found in my limited and certainly unscientific testing that soundhound is accurate more often than shazam, particularly for songs that are a little more ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shazam or Soundhound?

I've found in my limited and certainly unscientific testing that soundhound is accurate more often than shazam, particularly for songs that are a little more obscure. Obviously, either one can identify the latest Lady Gaga song, but one example I've found where Soundhound is better is with Major Tom by Shiny Toy Guns. Start each program within the first 5 seconds of the song and Soundhound will figure out what the song is while Shazam can't. That's just one example but there are others I've found. Soundhound is also a little quicker and can figure out the song from just about any part of the song-beginning, middle, or end. Shazam sometimes seems to need to hear the hook or some vocalization before it knows the song. Just some observations from my limited testing. I would recommend trying them both out to see which you like best. Or better yet, just get them both and you can have 10 free songs per month instead of 5.

Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    New users to Shazam are apparently limited in the number of tags they can make too... however the app page says users who had it prior to July 13 will continue to have unlimited tagging.
    Yeah, but that's BS. I've used the app since February and all-of-a-sudden it tells me I'm over the limit now and shows me a "pay now" link.

No problem, most unlimited apps are paid apps. However they need to rethink how they implement this; it's misleading.

SOUNDHOUND!! i can hum the song and it recognizes it!

Have both too. At work I was entertaining coworkers with them. Must admit I prefer SoundHound, seemed a little faster.
    El Mono

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links