Carrier Data to WiFi

This is a discussion on Carrier Data to WiFi within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum so let me know if i'm doing anything wrong or posting in the wrong section. Anyways I recently ...

Thread: Carrier Data to WiFi

Carrier Data to WiFi

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum so let me know if i'm doing anything wrong or posting in the wrong section.

Anyways I recently added the data plan to my phone through Wind Mobile. Before adding it, I had been browsing the market (wifi at home) and checking various apps, and I had come across one that apparently would recognize your location based on GPS (for instance home) and I could set the app to automatically switch to WIFI if i'm in the "Home" area instead of 3g Data. I would also be able to do that at my work location for as well. As soon as my gps location was away from my work or home addresses, the 3G data automatically turns back on.

Problem is I didn't download the app at that time, and now I for the life of me seem to find it. If anyone at all is familiar with this app or knows what it is called please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by robbiegrewal View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum so let me know if i'm doing anything wrong or posting in the wrong section.

Anyways I recently added the data plan to my phone through Wind Mobile. Before adding it, I had been browsing the market (wifi at home) and checking various apps, and I had come across one that apparently would recognize your location based on GPS (for instance home) and I could set the app to automatically switch to WIFI if i'm in the "Home" area instead of 3g Data. I would also be able to do that at my work location for as well. As soon as my gps location was away from my work or home addresses, the 3G data automatically turns back on.

Problem is I didn't download the app at that time, and now I for the life of me seem to find it. If anyone at all is familiar with this app or knows what it is called please let me know.

Thanks in advance!
    Welcome to the forums!

Download Locale from the Market---> Locale - Product

Is that what you were looking for?

mah
    Locale is one such app, and Settings Profile is another. I use Settings Profile, and people have reported battery drain problems using GPS to determine location, but the developer is working to resolve this. SP also allows you to determine app based on GSM towers you're near... this is better for your battery since your phone radio is on anyway, while GPS is not normally on 24/7.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links